Discuss Voltage indicator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

because they are not reliable. they can pick up stray voltages. sometimes even pushing one back into arse pocket activates them. useful as an indicator,but never trust one. think of them as gypsies.

all i can say, without a 4 page essay, about my experience with the *******s is that all my wordly goods were stolen/destroyed, and my home destroyed all for the sake of scrap metal. police "had insufficient evidence", after catching them red-handed.

While voltage indicators have occasional uses - don't. Really, don't bother with them.

Get a proper voltage tester that works by contact and prove it is working on a known power source every time you go to use it.

all i can say, without a 4 page essay, about my experience with the *******s is that all my wordly goods were stolen/destroyed, and my home destroyed all for the sake of scrap metal. police "had insufficient evidence", after catching them red-handed.
That is worst nightmare situation.
I got me a armourguard for the van but having you’re home broke in to is a next level of ----ing scum

Just wondering why a voltage indicator pen picks up voltage about 30mm away from a FCU but has to almost touch a socket or cable to indicate ?
Is that an FCU with cable exiting front?

Generally they work on electric field, and that depends on the line conductor's exposure which may be much higher in an FCU with cable.

That is worst nightmare situation.
I got me a armourguard for the van but having you’re home broke in to is a next level of ----ing scum
home was not just broken into. it was totally destroyed, as in a write off.

Tel...I hear you, I feel your pain, and I know that you have been very restrained in your condemnation...you have clearly risen above the norm, and your post is perfect to illustrate the problem.
To call such miscreants "scum" is to honour them...

Reply to Voltage indicator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net