Discuss voltage optimizer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

troyboy73

Hi All,

Been offered a job installing voltage optimizers in households in the New year,found the job on job centre website and was wondering if anybody knows if this some kind of Government scheme,has anybody else applied for this job and if its some kind of scam as they are asking for my bank details.
Looking forward to the responses

Be careful fella, they may need bank details to pay you, but you never know....do a Google search of company, ask at Job center if they know company etc.....

Google the company name and any phone numbers you have. Maybe even worth checking companies house to find out how long they have been going, directors names and google them too.

jobs at a jobcentre? don,t bother
if you go back and point out its a scam you,ll just lose your benifit for refusing a job

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Been offered a job installing voltage optimizers in households in the New year,found the job on job centre website and was wondering if anybody knows if this some kind of Government scheme,has anybody else applied for this job and if its some kind of scam as they are asking for my bank details.
Looking forward to the responses

Im from the area and have never heard of them. Be carefully!
Are you from Northampton?

Reply to voltage optimizer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
I commissioned an EICR to be done on a property that is in Wales as this is now a requirement in order to let on any new tenancies after 1st...
Replies
Views
In addition to the 4 main, well known competent persons schemes (NICEIC, ELECSA, NAPIT and STROMA), there is apparently another, lesser known...
Replies
Views
Is there a room in professional PAT testing for a business model other than 'per unit'? I ask because I've been giving this some thought. I've...
Replies
Views
M
Hi Guys Looking for some advice please. I am doing a part time electrical course rather than the usual apprenticeship route as it is a change of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock