Discuss voltage/ power logger in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Has anyone got any views on power loggers?
A few jobs have come up where the ability to compare the long term current demand and voltage levels would be an advantage. I have been looking at the Electrocorder EC6-VA, three phase voltage and current logger.
Does anyone use one of these or know about their viability?

All views welcomed.
Many thanks

if its just single phase you need have a look at the fluke 287/289 multi meter,served me well a number of times and paid for itself many times over when proving faults are not down to your equipment..add fluke forms and you have a pro looking diagnostic report..

Fluke 289

I've been looking at this sort of thing recently, but ideally I'm looking for a permanent solution. At some point I suspect I'll have to build my own TCP/IP Solution which will allow me to log load & voltage on all 3 phases into nice pretty graphs. ATM I have 2 phases on monitoring via a pair of APC UPS units, but no overall building load.

I have used and can recommend all of the Fluke Power Quality Analysers, the 43B is my personal favourite, covers single and 3 phase with enough ability for all but the most complex multi-phase jobs.

I looked at power loggers in the past and they're way overpriced for most applications. You can just install an intelligent metering device. I've used this one before, it's ipaddressable for remote data acquisition and even with a set of split CT's it's a fraction of the price of a portable logger or analyzer. I think the last set up we purchased cost ZAR7000.00 (700quid) including 600A split CT's.

Reply to voltage/ power logger in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry if this isn't in the right place but this is my first time using this forum. I'm also sorry if i make some mistakes but I'm new to this...
Replies
Views
When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping this is in the correct forum. To start, I acquired a film processing machine that runs on 3 phase. Now before getting the...
Replies
Views
So far I have never had to deal with a new supply but a possible site we are looking at will need some major changes and so I wondered if folks...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock