Discuss Voltage spikes? Equipment? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Some help and guidance needed for a property I was called to inspect. After inspecting a domestic property and being paid to rectify all the faults I have been stumped with the problem of recurrent lamp failures!
The house has a history of regularly blowing all types and makes of lamps- as part of the works I installed new LED downlighters from TLC. These baby's have now all blown as well. There were no loose connections and the circuits are good.
I'm thinking something else is to blame.

Can you recommend any equipment which can be used to monitor and record the current voltage and harmonics in the property?
This may lead to a voltage optimiser if the culprit is the incoming supply.
Regards

RichardG

What voltage have you recorded there so far with just your own meters ? From memory , it will cost you somewhere between £200-£300 for a weeks hire of an approved meter .

What type of approved meter do you recommend ? Can't remember the voltage readings from my EICR will be popping round Thursday and will measure a few more times using my own meter.

We normally book them out via our wholesalers and I think they are described as a power / voltage analyser !? I should know really as our client base is mainly rural and we hire one at least a couple of times a year .

I'd double check all the obvious stuff again first, especially loose circuit connections at fittings and switches and also neutral bar/isolator/MCB connections

Reply to Voltage spikes? Equipment? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net