Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Voltage to earth in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

coxy

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Rewired a house recently.All tested out ok,the customer said that sometimes when she switches the light off upstairs it flickers.I too found this to be true switched off at switch and you get 30 - 40 v neutral - switched live side, and switched live side to earth.Changed 2 way switches,checked light fitting,still there.The customer has been doing some extra work though,building walls etc,Anyone any ideas why i get this reading,any help,please,thanks,Coxy

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
R

rumrunner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi ,
You need to do an installation resistance test, break the circuits up and check all the wiring and conections at the same time,also check the main earth ,i did have something like that once and it turned out to be a hole in the immersion heater element!
That job was very old wiring and i got a reading or about 50v between the kitchen light and the tap! the earth was an old stake in the front garden ,and the fuse didnt blow,
so a bit of good old fashioned megger work should solve the problem
good luck and please let us know what it turns out to be.

C

coxy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok Thanks for that will let you know !!!!!!

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to Voltage to earth in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom