Discuss Vphase vx1 voltage optimizer do i test this how?????????????? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

brian 2012

When installing this device what test cert have i got to put with it???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????
Appreciate any advice

no circuits have been moved
50 amp mcb used for vx1
please help help help
thank you

EIC with the relevant schedules. Although you haven't changed any circuits the supply has had a change in configuration. Just annotate device installed and no alterations to existing circuits, same as a CU change.

Just my humble opinion.

thanks for response
do i only test the circuits used by the VX1 OR ALL CIRCUITS??????????

When installing this device what test cert have i got to put with it???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????
Appreciate any advice

no circuits have been moved
50 amp mcb used for vx1
please help help help
thank you

They are part of the group I work for (in the office next door in fact...) - did you get an answer to this or would you like me to ask on Monday? BTW I can possibly get you a direct telephone number to the tech bods rather than the 0845 if it's helpful...

It would be prudent if you had a disclaimer,one that they had to sign for you to be excluded from any accusation of complicity regarding the installation of junk

if you could try and get an answerfor me,as i have rang and spoke to them myself!!!!!!!!! not much luck tho with my question....... INSTALLING THE VX1 IT INVOLVES ADDING A 50 AMP M.C.B TO NON RCD SIDE TO SUPPLY VX1,CHANGING RCCB ON STARLOAD CRABTREE BOARD TO ACCOMADTE THE VX1 TO SUPPLY THE CIRCUITS IN THE PROPERTY.......SO SHOULD THE CIRCUITS SUPPLIED BY THE VX1 AFTER THIS INSTALLATION OF THE VX1 AND NEW RCCB BE ALL TESTED?????????? NO MCB's/CIRCUITS ON THE RCCB SIDE HAVE BEEN MOVED OR TOUCHED. ONLY A NEW RCCB ADDED THAT SUPPLY THESE CIRCUITS.
AT THE MINUTE I TEST THE NEW RCCB ONLY,AND THE VX1, ALSO I STATE ON MY E.I.C CERT THIS TO COVER MYSELF AS FOLLOWS (ONLY RCCB HAS BEEN TESTED ONLY VX1 HAS BEEN TESTED, NO CIRCUITS SUPPLIED BY THE VX1 HAVE BEEN TESTED) I THINK THAT ALL THE CIRCUITS SUPPLIED BY THE NEW RCCB AND THE VX1 SHOULD BE TESTED AFTER THE INSTALLATION IN MY OPPINION, BUT I COULD BE WRONG? MMMmmmm THIS IS A GREY AREA!!! ANY ADVICE IS WELCOMED CHEERS FOR THE RESPONSE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT RESPONSE
Regards Brian

Why not ring you scheme up and see what they advise?

working subbying for a firm as im not in any accociation i cannot get a answer from any accociation's as im not a member! AAAAArrrrrggghhhh. and i would not trust what any firm's response was to my answer by word of mouth as they would tell you any thing so the work would be done quicker. leaving all installations of this on my toes! any problems after installion would be my responsibility and in a court word of mouth to the judge by the firm would be the answer why i didnt do the testing of circuits as they said it didnt need it. wouldnt stand, as they would say we didnt say that, I WOULD BE LIABLE AAAArrrrggh

When a VPhase unit has been installed only the circuit feeding the VPhase unit and the output back to the consumer unit need to be tested. This is an addition to an existing installation and so needs to be certificated as such.
P.R.
Please call 0151 348 2141 if you have any further questions.

is this not a change in configuration (this install the way i have described???? pls explain to myself why it does not come under a CHANGE IN CONFIGURATION and the circuits supplied by the VX1 ALTHO NOT TOUCHED do not need to be retested! THANKYOU. I AWAIT FOR YOUR RESPONSE

Brianmdk, Thanks for the query regarding the VPhase and the necessary certification following the installation.

If I can start with the discussions we have had with the electrical associations - NICEIC & NAPIT and hopefully this should clear up the matter.

Certification -
NICEIC - The advice offered from the technical helpline and the techtalks with local engineers is that an EIC - Electrical Installation Certificate. The reason behind this is that the VPhase installation is adding a circuit to an installation as the unit is supplied via a 50amp MCB unit (recommended suggested size of MCB) which is then feeding a selection of circuits.
NAPIT - The certificate that NAPIT members could use is a Minor Works with One Added Circuit. Their certification differs from the NICEIC type as the MEW that NIC members use only covers additions to an installation and does not offer enough relevant areas within the certificate without limitating readings from the certificate. Whereas with the NAPIT certificate allows for the completion of an added circuit and its relevant characteristics associated for the installation of an MCB/Cable etc.

Test & Inspection - As a minimum the newly installed circuit needs to have a full test carried out on it, however care must be taken when carrying out Insulation resistance testing of the cables to and from the VPhase unit as the VPhase contains electronic equipment. If testing at 500v then these cables must be disconnected. As a precaution it is best to carry out IR testing with cables removed. The Zs readings taken must have the meter reading the optimised voltage of around 220volts to capture the added impendance of the VPhase transformer otherwise if the voltage reading is above 220volts this would give a reading of the VPhase not in circuit. The added impedance is around 0.21ohms so this will have an effect of potentially exceeding the recommended maximum Zs whether this is the 80% rule or the values detailed within the regs in Table 41.

Regarding advice on circuits that require testing - The new circuit requires a test as this is an addition to the existing installation. The certificate used, whether the NICEIC or NAPIT one has a requirement for

Reply to Vphase vx1 voltage optimizer do i test this how?????????????? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock