Discuss Wago 773 173 advice please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I am currently using a strip connector to connect my cooker, hob and dishwasher to a radial circuit. This has come loose on a number of occasions and so I am considering replacing this setup with Wago 773-173 connectors. These can only facilitate 3 conductors but I have 4 to deal with . It has been suggested to me to use 9 of these connectors set out in three groups of three each.. The first group of three will be connected to the radial circuit and send wires to the second group of three and the third group of three. The second group will be used to send power the the hob and dishwasher and the third group will send power to the cooker.
Thoughts on this setup would be appreciated.

I am currently using a strip connector to connect my cooker, hob and dishwasher to a radial circuit. This has come loose on a number of occasions and so I am considering replacing this setup with Wago 773-173 connectors. These can only facilitate 3 conductors but I have 4 to deal with . It has been suggested to me to use 9 of these connectors set out in three groups of three each.. The first group of three will be connected to the radial circuit and send wires to the second group of three and the third group of three. The second group will be used to send power the the hob and dishwasher and the third group will send power to the cooker.
Thoughts on this setup would be appreciated.
It sounds like a terrible setup to be honest.

Wago now do a lever version of connectors that will take up to 6mm2 cables, 221-615 for the 5-way one. These are rated to 41A.

However, you don't say what kind of hob this is. I'd be a bit wary of what you propose if this is an electric hob running quite a few kW and sharing the circuit with both an oven (the "cooker"?) and a dishwasher.

On the surface of what you say, I would say each of the items you mention should be on their own separate circuit supplied by a switched fused spur. Depends on the rating of each item. I would hazard that if you cannnot make a secure connection (...has come loose on a number of occasions...) then you are outside of your skill set and would advise getting in an electrician.

Agree with Vort, connections that keep coming loose have not been done correctly. They could also be a fire hazard.

On the surface of what you say, I would say each of the items you mention should be on their own separate circuit supplied by a switched fused spur. Depends on the rating of each item. I would hazard that if you cannnot make a secure connection (...has come loose on a number of occasions...) then you are outside of your skill set and would advise getting in an electrician.

Where do you get switched fused spurs to take 4.6kW and 5.5kW, Vort?

oven and hob on a "standard" 32A/6mm circuit, 45A isolator and dual outlet. dishwasher plugged into RFC. like millions of households that have never caught fire. "do it once, do it right".

My 45A isolator has only one wire coming from it and so I need a JB to power the hob and cooker. I will move the dishwasher into adjacent RFC

Tel's idea of a dual outlet plate is better.

I thought every appliance in France tended to be on its own radial, hence why most dishwashers and the like are conveniently rated at 10A?
Not completely au-fait with French wiring regs, this is just an observation based on what I've seen. Big CU's with plenty of dual pole mcbs often labelled up as dedicated ccts per appliance?

That's what I said, but some hobs/ovens need a larger supply that 10 amps especially induction hobs unless you have the convenience of a three phase supply.

Reply to Wago 773 173 advice please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock