Discuss wago are finally getting there MF approval in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all to all

just to let people know received a newsletter via email from wago and this is basically the contents as follows

BS5733 Maintenance Free Wagobox

We are delighted to announce that the Wagobox junction box soon be available with the BS5733 MF mark. The MF logo was introduced in BS5733:2010 "General Requirements for electrical accessories" as a marking that can be used on accessories to indicate that the accessory doesn't require further inspection, testing or maintenance after installation. Since the 1st of January 2012 the MF mark has become a requirement for maintenance free accessories and we have been working hard with Wago, the manufacturer of the 773 and 222 terminals, to complete all the required analysis, testing and product upgrades to ensure the Wagobox can be used as a maintenance free accessory in accordance with requirements of BS5733. This work has been completed and the new Wagobox with the BS5733 MF mark will be available in October 2012. Apart from the additional product marking, the new Wagobox has a lid locking mechanism and will be supplied with an enhanced set of user instructions. For further information please visit the Wagobox support page at www.************/support where we have posted a Question and Answer document in the FAQ section. If you have any further queries then please do call and we will be happy to answer your questions

hope its some use

good to hear....iv noticed numerous posts in here refering to wago`s as maintainance free....well their not...yet....but as Mr. Lee has pointed out...will be soon...

I've never tried the Line products, could we get some samples from the Forum sponsors?
Wago do send you samples when you register your interest on their website.

I think if you ask nicely you'll get some samples.

I bought the lighting kits recently, after reading about other people's reviews, for 10 downlighters and they were really easy to wire with the little grenades popping back into the holes easily.

You also get a Forum discount AND no I'm not a Salesman for Line. lol

I might try the Wago's too.

I used the Line lighting kits and the line MF kits for jointing under floor baords or inaccesible locations and they sound easy and the grenade is tough so cant see them becoming damaged at any point they also allow for adaptable glands which then makes them IP68

so overall Line products are spot on
and i believe a little cheaper than wago kits
i now have both and helicon connectors which are the push type not lever

crimps are also good lol

Not sure about the Wago prices but the £50 kit from Line is a very good buy, great saving against individual items.
Just need them to deliver the correct case to me lol

Is the MF mark coming for the wago's as the way I read the op it is for the JB's - presumably like the Hager MF JB's - is that correct?

Wago have always been maintenance free then haven't they! The design hasn't changed, its just that they're now allowed to call them maintenance free.

And they're much cheaper direct from Wago, or even TLC, I checked Line's price.

Wago have always been maintenance free then haven't they! The design hasn't changed, its just that they're now allowed to call them maintenance free.

And they're much cheaper direct from Wago, or even TLC, I checked Line's price.

Wago have not always been MF. That is if you are referring to BS7671.

The design of the connectors hasnt changed which is why to use them in a redesigned wago box you have to derate them and take other precautions.

Finally, look more closely at LINES prices. I guarantee that you will not get an equivalent product for the same price!

Well I'm looking at your price for Wago's compared to TLC and unless my eyesight is deceiving me you're asking more per unit. But I buy them much cheaper in bulk direct from Wago, well enough bulk to get free delivery.

This is fun, baiting the Line salesman! (Or person!!!!!!)

Well I'm looking at your price for Wago's compared to TLC and unless my eyesight is deceiving me you're asking more per unit. But I buy them much cheaper in bulk direct from Wago, well enough bulk to get free delivery.

This is fun, baiting the Line salesman! (Or person!!!!!!)
:rifle:

LINE = free delivery on £20-00

The auto discount has dropped of the wago as no one orders them anymore... look at the LINE equivalent!

If you do want to pay more for the wago packaging and you buy enough let me know. I am confident that our price will be better.

Reply to wago are finally getting there MF approval in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net