Discuss Wagos in trunking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Would it be against regulations to put wagos into some maxi trunking to extend cables for a board change?
Needs to be accessible Josh. and if you are stuffing Wagos in trunking it can't be accessible without removing the trunking lid, better to bring it out into a suitable enclosure marked up effectively. All very well knowing there is a joint, but where exactly???? sorry to disappoint others but that's my take, could be searching for hours otherwise, come on guys get real.

Surface mounted cables come from under the stairs about 200mm and stright into the old board so wanted to have it that i could pushed into the void if that makes sense and do the joints in the trunking. Look rough if i just had 8 JBs in a cupboard?

Sorry Pete... your post wasn't up when I started typing mine... I'll get me coat..
No need Mate
[automerge]1568305333[/automerge]
Can’t think of anything wrong with that regs wise.

I think it would be better to take the existing cables into an enclosure (j/b) and connected extensions from there.
Like I said Pete

Last edited:
Surface mounted cables come from under the stairs about 200mm and stright into the old board so wanted to have it that i could pushed into the void if that makes sense and do the joints in the trunking. Look rough if i just had 8 JBs in a cupboard?
But an adaptable enclosure with strain relief and connections inside would look neat.

EDIT: Chris beat me to it ? :handpointup:

Are talking about one or two wagos to extend one or two short cables , or extending many cables by stuffing a load of wagos inside the trunking ?

If its one or two then imo its not so bad and a quick solution to a small problem

If its multiple then no , I would opt for a lidded box and put all my connections inside that

Is 412.2.2.3 relevant in this case? My thinking is the trunking lid can be removed without a tool and the Wago connector is not IP rated.

Not sure on the exact IP rating for Wagos but if used correctly you should have no exposed copper wire or live parts to touch. They are fully sealed unit.

Is 412.2.2.3 relevant in this case? My thinking is the trunking lid can be removed without a tool and the Wago connector is not IP rated.
Section 412 is relevant to double insulated systems only. I'm making an assumption but I'm guessing the protective measure used in this case will be ADS.

Surely it's no different to extending a T&E inside a consumer unit using some wagos, etc. where it's a bit short. And the joint is accessible by just popping the trunking lid off, which is no more difficult than opening an MF enclosure.

what's wrong with twisting and taping them? obviously needs 2 wraps (of tape, not heroin) to make the joint MF. :smilingimp::smilingimp::smilingimp:

Why not just a large enough adaptable box with wago din push in things? Trunking either side of it if theres space?
aDon't you guys read the//
Surely it's no different to extending a T&E inside a consumer unit using some wagos, etc. where it's a bit short. And the joint is accessible by just popping the trunking lid off, which is no more difficult than opening an MF enclosure.
Because if you know the joint is in the CU then, not far to look for it, however in trunking where do you start looking?

Reply to Wagos in trunking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock