• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Wagossssssssssssssss in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ChrisElectrical88

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
DIY
What type of maintenance free push in connectors does everyone buy. I go through these like im eating them, use them for everything and love them.
I will never use anpther brand apart from Wago on the slimline lever reuseable connectors which are rated at 32A and perfect in every way.

However on the push in single use ones does everyone use wago? Ive been looking at the Ideal ones which are rated at 32A as opposed to the 24A the wagos are rated at. Ive been using the new slimline Wagos recently but there 30 percent more expensive than the Ideals. I believe the manufacturer SWA also do a similar product, anyone have any experiance with them?

Looking to buy ma few hubdred of each of the 2 pole, 3 pole and 4 poles connectors but thought id get some other opinions before buying a years worth.

Baddegg

Still simmering Ken, not boiled yet buddy x
Electrician's Arms
Wagos always for me just cos I like they MF boxes, you can reuse the push ins Chris if you pull and twist back and forth at the same time they will come off easily...

ChrisElectrical88

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
DIY
Wagos always for me just cos I like they MF boxes, you can reuse the push ins Chris if you pull and twist back and forth at the same time they will come off easily...
I use alot of the Grey Wago Joint Boxes if there what your talking about? Excellent for making safe between first and second fix etc just snapping over the wagos. However the Ideals also fit in these.

SparkyChick

Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
Ideal and Wago's are both rated at 32A when not used in maintenance free mode. For maintenance free installation you have to down rate them both (to 24A)

And these connectors are only ever maintenance free when installed in compliance with the maintenance free instructions supplied with the connector boxes (Wagobox, Wagobox XL and Wagobox XLA for Wagos and the In-Sure box for the Ideal connectors). Using them in any other way means they are not installed in MF mode and must be accessible for inspection.

My personal preference is Wagos because of the availability of the various Wagoboxes.

ChrisElectrical88

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
DIY
Ill carry on using the Wagos then as i have been to keep the maintenace free joint compliant. Better to be safe and happy with the work than save the 40ish quid.

H

Trainee Access
Evening,

Where is the best place to get them from. I expect you to say the wholesalers, but you’ll all no doubt probably have other sources.

Baddegg

Still simmering Ken, not boiled yet buddy x
Electrician's Arms
If you don’t use many then TLC will sell em in about 20 packs I think most places it’s bixes of 100’s....if you don’t use wholesalers then screw-fix have a good range of em..

westward10

In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream.
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
HelaCon very small and nice colours :D

SparkyChick

Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
Evening,

Where is the best place to get them from. I expect you to say the wholesalers, but you’ll all no doubt probably have other sources.
I buy most of mine from Screwfix.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.