Discuss Wagossssssssssssssss in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ChrisElectrical88

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What type of maintenance free push in connectors does everyone buy. I go through these like im eating them, use them for everything and love them.
I will never use anpther brand apart from Wago on the slimline lever reuseable connectors which are rated at 32A and perfect in every way.

However on the push in single use ones does everyone use wago? Ive been looking at the Ideal ones which are rated at 32A as opposed to the 24A the wagos are rated at. Ive been using the new slimline Wagos recently but there 30 percent more expensive than the Ideals. I believe the manufacturer SWA also do a similar product, anyone have any experiance with them?

Looking to buy ma few hubdred of each of the 2 pole, 3 pole and 4 poles connectors but thought id get some other opinions before buying a years worth.

Wagos always for me just cos I like they MF boxes, you can reuse the push ins Chris if you pull and twist back and forth at the same time they will come off easily...

Wagos always for me just cos I like they MF boxes, you can reuse the push ins Chris if you pull and twist back and forth at the same time they will come off easily...

I use alot of the Grey Wago Joint Boxes if there what your talking about? Excellent for making safe between first and second fix etc just snapping over the wagos. However the Ideals also fit in these.

Ideal and Wago's are both rated at 32A when not used in maintenance free mode. For maintenance free installation you have to down rate them both (to 24A)

And these connectors are only ever maintenance free when installed in compliance with the maintenance free instructions supplied with the connector boxes (Wagobox, Wagobox XL and Wagobox XLA for Wagos and the In-Sure box for the Ideal connectors). Using them in any other way means they are not installed in MF mode and must be accessible for inspection.

My personal preference is Wagos because of the availability of the various Wagoboxes.

Evening,

Where is the best place to get them from. I expect you to say the wholesalers, but you’ll all no doubt probably have other sources.

If you don’t use many then TLC will sell em in about 20 packs I think most places it’s bixes of 100’s....if you don’t use wholesalers then screw-fix have a good range of em..

Much appreciated to all.

I’ll have a delve and try to reach into my deep pockets to get a big set.

Reply to Wagossssssssssssssss in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock