Discuss Wall Chasing...... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

MacSparky

I would like some opinions on the wall chasers that people own as i am looking to purchase one in the next few days.....'or' if you guys/gals chase via other methods then i would love to know what you personally prefer.
Regards
MacSparky

I use a Bosch 110v Multidrill with chasing bit in it. Awesome bit of kit that doesn;t quite kick up as much dust as these 'purpose built' chasers.

Chasing walls?

but wont you get, like, dirty and stuff doing that?:eek::eek:

and 110V kit? i remember the good old days of the 16th edition when 110V kit was in the regs. Long gone now of course, but thats progress for you.:rolleyes:

Chasing walls?

but wont you get, like, dirty and stuff doing that?:eek::eek:

and 110V kit? i remember the good old days of the 16th edition when 110V kit was in the regs. Long gone now of course, but thats progress for you.:rolleyes:

Tony

Most sites now won't let you use your mains powered tools unless they are 110v and PAT Tested.:p

read the 17th edition chaps, all of the different voltages for construction sites have now gone

the new section is construction and demolition sites, and basically its just 230V kit with an RCD!!!!

loads of changes in there, all of the mixed disconnection times, 25V touch voltage etc.

All gone

i'm not saying you CANT use 110V any more, i am saying under the 17th it is no longer a REQUIREMENT

like i said this has been driven by the manufacturers

in a few years time your apprentice will be saying, so whats this yellow plug used for then?????

Last edited by a moderator:
One of these:

Armeg SDS Plus Channelling Chisel 30mm - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

In one of these:

Bosch SDS Hammer Drill GBH36V-LI 36V - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

Forget those stupid chaser things. More dust than necessary and still gotta chisel the stuff out anyway most of the time.

One of these:

Armeg SDS Plus Channelling Chisel 30mm - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

In one of these:

Bosch SDS Hammer Drill GBH36V-LI 36V - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

Forget those stupid chaser things. More dust than necessary and still gotta chisel the stuff out anyway most of the time.

Drill sure looks good and im a fan of the blue bosch range also, but that chisel is only good in brick and stone if a channel has already been cut, you'd kill it pretty quick otherwise, would be fine in block.
I went out yesterday and bought this Sparky FK 652 230mm Wall Chaser 110V - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

I'm using it monday and ill will let you know what i think, not a bad price for the specs (channel width/depth )etc....compared to others at whopping prices...lol:eek:
Regards
MacSparky:)

Sorry MacSparky,

Shoul've linked o some general SDS bits too. I generally also drill a series of holes along the line of the chase with an 8mm bit, depending on how neat the chase needs to be and how hard the bricks are. Having said that, the armeg has lasted a good while and I do sometimes use it without pre-drilling.

Re the drill - yes, it is fantastic. Had a Dewalt 24v NiCad beforehand and thought that was good. However, I could kill three batteries in under ten minutes towards the end. When it was dropped in a bucket of plaster it was time to replace. The Bosch is superb and the batteries last much longer and provide much more power.

Tempted to use the chasers myself but the first and last time I did I nearly died - couldn't see the end of my nose for dust!

Lol....i like the drilling holes technique...thats a new one to me..many thanks:D
Regards
MacSparky

Lol....i like the drilling holes technique...thats a new one to me..many thanks:D
Regards
MacSparky

Really! Only takes a couple of minutes and does help if the substrate is hard. Like I say, don't bother on softer substrates but worth the extra time on harder ones.

Drill sure looks good and im a fan of the blue bosch range also, but that chisel is only good in brick and stone if a channel has already been cut, you'd kill it pretty quick otherwise, would be fine in block.

we use a purpose bosch chasing maching with a henry vac attached, then the armeg 30mm chisel.

I went out yesterday and bought this Sparky FK 652 230mm Wall Chaser 110V - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

looks good im fancying one of those. have you seen the sparky chisel only with 6j of energy. that should tackle red brick.

I'm using it monday and ill will let you know what i think, not a bad price for the specs (channel width/depth )etc....compared to others at whopping prices...lol:eek:
Regards

well how did it cope.

well how did it cope.

Sorry guys forgot to come back to you on that one....lol
Yes very pleased. so far chased to 25 & 35 mm depth x 9 channels and it did them in one pass.......blades are still surprisingly left like new and the channels were both red brick and concrete block, oh yeah it makes a 'cool' sound when its winding down ....lol
Downside is its quite a beast and not as light as others.

Overall for the price and good specs compared to other main brands that are more pricey i think its a bloody good bit of kit, but then its early days yet.....lol:D
Regards

Looks interesting, been using a bosch one but it doesn't go wide enough really, depth is a bit suspect too!! Was thinking of a hilti one but they are really expensive, £350. Would appreciate a report on how well it performs!! Ta

Reply to Wall Chasing...... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock