Discuss Wall light not working in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

geordie1

Hi forum, i recently installed a set of wall lights using a spur off a double socket onto a switched fused socket but one of them will not work.

The way ive wired it as follows L+N from socket to supply and L+N from light to the load terminal and still no joy when i wired it the opposite way i was getting the red light coming on every time i was putting the bulb in. :(

All answers welcome.

When you say 1 of the wall lights does not work does that mean there is another 1 that does work? I find your post a bit hard to understand.

I assume you have a red neon light on a switch spur that is coming on.
Assuming the bleedin obvious (fuse) is correct and ok then by the sounds of this you shouldn't be messing with electrics as this should be very simple.
Get a sparks in.

the way i see it your house needs a full re-wire by twenty-seven qualified teams of electricians. I may be wrong but from what you're describing thats the only way forward,however if you got that little red light thing to work it might just need a partial re-wire

I agree with the guys...get someone in.....it will be a simple fix for a sparks but from your post it is apparent you have very limited electrical knowledge,you want it to work but you also need it to be safe.

Reply to Wall light not working in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I bought this house a couple months ago. It was built in 1952 (same as me) but has been rewired with yellow 12 awg Romex dated 2007. Looks like a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm wondering if it's permitted to replace an outside wall light myself if I use the existing wiring from the old light. In theory I just...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I’m a new member to the forum and felt like I could do with some additional insight into a fault I came across on a call-out at the...
Replies
Views
Trying to wire up a Dar wall light but see no way to connect the earth as the plastic terminal only has two connections ( L/N) ?
Replies
Views
I have a strip light in the kitchen operated from a single switch. I want to replace it with a straight bar 4 spot array. There are three supply...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock