Discuss Wall mounted tv in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
In the middle of new house wire, have pulled 2 co-axles to every TV and cat 5e too every TV in the house and back to the switch room, the problem with the TV in sun lounge is that the wall mounted TV is about 7 meters away from where the sky box and DVD player etc will be, I have tracked and installed a bit of 2x1 plastic trunking in the chimney breast from the TV position running to where the sky box will be positioned, don't want to forget any cabels and just want to make sure I run the correct cabels between the TV and unit?? Any ideas exactly what all is required?

From what I have been told by a sky installer your 8m HDMI should be fine but longer than 15m then they prefer to run 2 X cat5e cables instead I had to do that in the one pub I rewired for them ! More than that it would depend on the equipment you are connecting to the tv there are more and more connections every day maybe even a usb lead would be handy for external hard drive for recording I know I use one of them.

I've read hdmi cable above 5m start to run into problems. Mate of mine got me to install a 25m hdmi cable, which he'd purchased. It had some kind of passive booster (active repeater or something). It didn't work. Might wanna check that 8m one before buying it in the wall?

No co-axle or cat 5e between the two?? Have been looking at 8m hdmi leads, priced between £10 and £159 quid, any info on what type or brand to choose?
Cheapskate! An 8m HDMI cable from Russ Andrews will cost you £452:eek:
Russ Andrews 2016 - Connect With Your Music - http://www.russandrews.com/kimber-hd29-hdmi-cable-27299997979/

This boy knows how to charge for things. If you want a giggle, have a look a the cost of a simple mains cable! even a standard 13A plug is £8!! Mind you, he does call it a reference 13A plug. So that's all right then. Russ Andrews 2016 - Connect With Your Music - http://www.russandrews.com/uk-13a-mains-plug-mk-with-ra-fuse/

The trouble with these audio/video philes is they seek the absolute perfect sound and vision, and they believe they can tell the difference, believe or not. Some of it actually does. But once you go down that road, you just get suckered by these con artists. The trouble is this retailer probably believes it himself.
Back to the days of the vinyl, when the speakers didn't let you hear the pop, crackles & jumps :cool:

Reply to Wall mounted tv in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net