Discuss Want an NVQ3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Needed an nvq3 to get my JIB because my apprenticeship in forces didn't get me one. Spoke to train to gain. And a nice man rang me saying he'd got me funding and arranged a meeting next week. Better than the £1600 that jib company had said it was gonna be. So if you want one phone train for gain and they do the leg work.

Is that full funding:confused: the reason i ask is cuz i'v done my c&g2330 level 2 & 3, 17th regs + c&g 2391 and would't mind the nvq to get jib approved (I know i don't need it) for some things but would just like it so theirs no arguements:rolleyes: But i refuse to pay anything from £700 upwards to some one just to sign off a record of work the i'v done + £600 for the AM2 when i'v already payed alot to get where i am already.:D

I got full funding working full time but is in the same boat want a jib card although im already fully qualified can't have one. Where abouts you live because the guy who's doing mine wants more people to do it. Obivously he gets paid through grants so more the merrier for him.

As with all things in life you get what you pay for.
As an adult you dont need to do AM2 for a start, yet some of the blokes I worked with who went to train to gain, had to do the AM2 and waited months to get in a centre, still have got the NVQ by the way.
Others I know went to and did it online, paid £600 and got the NVQ in 3 months.
My advice is to buy only what you need, not take what others tell you have to have.
Johny

Johny99 a agree with you about doing only what you need to do, but
a) I'am not in any rush
b) If it save me £600 and i still get the same result i'm not that fussed

By the way out of intrest the others you know, who did they do there NVQ with. Was it Quick Step by any chances

Hello Shagg
there is a mistake in my earlier reply, I meant to say that they did not yet have the NVQ becuase they had to wait for the AM2 test.

The guys who did it online were working on the same site as me, wanted me to take digi pictures of them working, they told me the assessment was on line and they got the number from the JIB, but I was'nt given a name, but I do remember them saying how quick it was and easy to do. Ill ask in the week if I see them
Cheers Johny

Reply to Want an NVQ3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net