Discuss want to know inside of plug cable to convert it to UK plug in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
i have two molded rounded plug(type D) for Fan and Refrigerator but plug cable is not rounded that i cut before and replace with UK plug.

those two plug cables are flat 3core type. i have no experience with those type of cables before.so I can not cut them without knowing what is inside and what color wires are there.

Plug cable of the Fan : it has smooth wire and 3rd one has some Rough, striped surface. photos of side look of 1 and 3 wires added below.and some writing also can see on behind the cable.

https://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/jO4qgKe.jpg

Plug cable for Refrigerator .there is a green color wire and no there markings on out side of the cable.

https://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/AOrCbDe.jpg

did anyone ever replace those type of plug(3core flat cable plug).please help me.thanks

Sorry your image links are broken

The moulded type D plug implies that the cable/plug assembly was made for the Asian market. I would not like to guess the exact construction of the cable.

If you have access to a multimeter or continuity tester, you can cut the existing plug off (marking one side of the refrigerator cable so you can match the two sides of the cut afterwards), check the continuity from the plug pins to the stub of cable, and mark the corresponding cores in the cable attached to the appliance as line, neutral and earth. Then double-check continuity from the core identified as E to the body of the appliance.

Appliances made for the European market are designed to be safe regardless of the polarity of Line and neutral. Yours might be, too, although we shouldn't assume that,

Sorry your image links are broken

The moulded type D plug implies that the cable/plug assembly was made for the Asian market. I would not like to guess the exact construction of the cable.

If you have access to a multimeter or continuity tester, you can cut the existing plug off (marking one side of the refrigerator cable so you can match the two sides of the cut afterwards), check the continuity from the plug pins to the stub of cable, and mark the corresponding cores in the cable attached to the appliance as line, neutral and earth. Then double-check continuity from the core identified as E to the body of the appliance.

Appliances made for the European market are designed to be safe regardless of the polarity of Line and neutral. Yours might be, too, although we shouldn't assume that,
Updated

photos added directly to the forum .

Plug cable of the Fan : it has smooth wire and 3rd one has some Rough, striped surface. photos of side look of 1 and 3 wires added below.and some writing also can see on behind the cable.

fefr.JPG

Plug cable for Refrigerator .there is a green color wire and there no markings on out side of the cable.

rgrrg.JPG

Reply to want to know inside of plug cable to convert it to UK plug in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net