Discuss wanted a little help & advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

littleeley

hi here looking for a little help and advice i passed my electricians exams ect back in the late 70s
done this for 15yrs light comercial/domestic then went installing fire alarms for about 15yrs and the last 5yrs have been doing heating circuits boilers and associated works under the defined scope scheme so i have my c&g 2382 but the jobs gone pop
so im thinking of going back to the domestic /light commercial work but to do this i would need my c&g 2391 to either get full scope or work so the question is would i be better to study hard at home with the books and just do the 2391 coarse sh*t or bust or do the c&g 2392-10 coarse first as by what i have seen the 2391 coarse is a bit of a struggle and hard work especialy when you dont do a lot of it
so your help and opinions would be welcomed and greatfully received (just need to get back into work )
it seems every employer wants the test and inspection THANKS

Your quite correct most every employer wants you to have the 2391-10 and if your looking at coming back into the industry as employed it is the qualification that will make your CV stand out.

If your thinking of going self employed then you have no need to have either the 2392 or the 2391 to register with a scheme for domestic. As long as you have the 2382 most will accept you, and will give you the proviso that you should get either qualification within 12 months.

As for which one to take, if your paying out of your own pocket then the 2392 at 500 pounds, or whatever it is, is an expensive filler course. I personally would go for the full 2391-10.

hi here looking for a little help and advice i passed my electricians exams ect back in the late 70s
done this for 15yrs light comercial/domestic then went installing fire alarms for about 15yrs and the last 5yrs have been doing heating circuits boilers and associated works under the defined scope scheme so i have my c&g 2382 but the jobs gone pop
so im thinking of going back to the domestic /light commercial work but to do this i would need my c&g 2391 to either get full scope or work so the question is would i be better to study hard at home with the books and just do the 2391 coarse sh*t or bust or do the c&g 2392-10 coarse first as by what i have seen the 2391 coarse is a bit of a struggle and hard work especialy when you dont do a lot of it
so your help and opinions would be welcomed and greatfully received (just need to get back into work )
it seems every employer wants the test and inspection THANKS

You obviously have a wealth of experience, so how have you managed never to do it!!?

It's not that bad really, as long as you take it seriously.

Rich

well i suppose its two things one i hate exams and lose the plot a bit and the other is that up until now i have not realy needed it but with no job got to do something all help and advice welcomed thaks all

Hi littleeley, Just passed the 2391 myself and if you look on my thread i left a but of info on there that may help you. I did the 2392 first before doing the 2391 but as malcolm says.....if you are confident enough to tackle the 2391 then go for that as it holds weight in this game mate. With study and determination anyone can pass it (i am living proof of that) and why spend £1000 on doing both courses if you can get away with doing just the one. I did both as at the time of doing the 2392 i didn`t feel confident enough in myself in going for the 2391 but its up to you mate.
Best of luck.
Glenn.

Reply to wanted a little help & advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock