Discuss WANTED** Electrical Multifunction Tester in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi i am looking to purchase my 1st set of Electrical multifunction testers Just on the off chance anyone has one for sale preferably MEGGER or FLUKE?

I have been told buy a 2nd hand one 1st as brand new are very expensive but make sure its calibrated does this matter if calibrated or not?

Metrel ive never really heard of tbh, ive only seen and used (when i say used i used other peoples) Fluke or Megger

is Metrel any good?

Metrel ive never really heard of tbh, ive only seen and used (when i say used i used other peoples) Fluke or Megger

is Metrel any good?

Yes. Very good value for money for a first MFT, more features per quid than any other brand I would reckon.

Hi i am looking to purchase my 1st set of Electrical multifunction testers Just on the off chance anyone has one for sale preferably MEGGER or FLUKE?

I have been told buy a 2nd hand one 1st as brand new are very expensive but make sure its calibrated does this matter if calibrated or not?

Do you want to trust your test results?

Take it you have sold the metrel now mate?

Nope ..... The phoenix may rise from the ashes yet, ( the 4x 4 bed detached new builds that I was supposed to be working on but couldn't because I fell ill have come to a crashing halt cos the builder has buggered his knee & wrist & will be out of commission for the rest of the year so maybe we'll both recover at the same time and proceed slowly & carefully to victory) but if not I thought I could hang onto it util it became a collectors item worth a shedload of cash.

Nope ..... The phoenix may rise from the ashes yet, ( the 4x 4 bed detached new builds that I was supposed to be working on but couldn't because I fell ill have come to a crashing halt cos the builder has buggered his knee & wrist & will be out of commission for the rest of the year so maybe we'll both recover at the same time and proceed slowly & carefully to victory) but if not I thought I could hang onto it util it became a collectors item worth a shedload of cash.

Hopefully mate, nice size job that.

Hopefully mate, nice size job that.

Well it's the job that before I fell ill I thought I would make it my last because of the moolah I would be getting.

The good thing about it is that I would have no outlay for materials - client is supplying - BUT all to my spec.

It's still early days though but fingers & toes are crossed.

Where do you get it calibrated from? as you can tell i have no idea as ive never owned a tester

Personally I love my old megger mft 1502, ten years old and still going strong. I hear the newer ones though are not so reliable, and I don't like the flukes. When I do get another, I am gonna go for the metrel 3125. I've used one an they are good.
If you get second hand, get one from someone you trust. Ask yourself why it's being sold in the first place.

Reply to WANTED** Electrical Multifunction Tester in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock