Discuss Warranty and Insurance for systems in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Harry Worth

We're hoping to provide a good, reasonable cost PV system. How do we cover a panel failure? Yes it's covered by the manufacturer for how ever many years. So yes, we can get a panel under warranty but erecting scaffold, locating the faulty panel and then installing the replacement will probably write off the little profit we've made. Is it possible for us to insure to cover these costs? We really don't want to do a parts only and I bet if I read the REAL contract they require us to cover all costs. The alternative - double the price to cover all eventualities.

Is there a good insurance solution?

Hi Dansk,

How do you handle the situation where you have a failure under the warranty period or are panel failures extremely rare?

Thanks

Harry

Reply to Warranty and Insurance for systems in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good morning. Quick question, We hired a registered electrician to carry out an EICR, but after some searching it appears he subcontracted it...
Replies
Views
Struggling a touch at the minute with customers getting work done by “someone they know” and citing our quotations being too expensive as the...
Replies
Views
I was thinking about getting qualified to do this for a charity. I already do the necessary stuff to put the electrical donations into the shop...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone we are in the process of installing a new heat pump in our Victorian maisonette. The whole house is 4 stories and it was split into...
Replies
Views
A recent thread on the suitability of a cable supplied preinstalled on a manufactured floodlight/pump had me wondering a few things. Over the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock