Discuss Waste of £600? Am2 exam failure? Or am I worrying in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Sat my AM2 today and yesterday overall I think it went well all bar one quite bad mistake.
When running my cables in (singles) from the CCU to the DOL starter I didn't bring a Neatural.
I completed my dead test on the circuit using on each phase to Earth and obtained my highest R1 + R2 reading
When completing all my dead tests I moved onto live testing. I reached my live test on the DOL starter when live and got no reading.
I asked the assessor for advise to which he pointed out no Neatural.
He allowed me to pull another one in.
I'm aware you are allowed to fix faults within the build and this was the only one, however is this enough to fail me?
Currently thinking have I got to retake this for another 500 odd quid!!

Thanks in advance for any comments

If they fail you for that you will only have to retake that part of the assessment.

TBH if that was the only thing you did wrong I can't see you having any problems getting a pass.

If they fail you for that you will only have to retake that part of the assessment.

TBH if that was the only thing you did wrong I can't see you having any problems getting a pass.

Really hope so,
I am quite sure my Install will pass overall for terminations correct glands etc just that neutral I am concerened about.
I was allowed to bring a new one as I said and I made sure I turned off locked off and key away to stop any one 're engerising whilst I rewired.

Also bit of a sticky question on the online exam.
Do hotels need to comply with Part P?
Getting mixed messages when I look online
I used the electricians guide to the building regs for my answer and if it's a business it does not however it was so vague!!!
Cheers

What test required the neutral conductor because many DOL starter circuits do not incorporate a neutral.

What test required the neutral conductor because many DOL starter circuits do not incorporate a neutral.

Correct, so that's why I thought I didn't need to take the Neatural there, however he said because it's 230v it needs the Neutral
It was a functionality test I was completing. When operating the motor I was not getting a reading

Reply to Waste of £600? Am2 exam failure? Or am I worrying in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock