Discuss Watchdog - My Home UK (MyHomeUK) Feedback and Reviews in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Leesparkykent

Esteemed
Reaction score
Who's watching it? A firm from Maidstone ripping OAP's off, cold calling them and bullying them into an EICR costing £600! I wonder how much they charge for the remedial work. Just looking at their website it comes across as scaremongering and preying on the fact of metal consumer units to contain fires.

Update... 3.5K to change the board and 3 faceplates but he can do a super deal for 2.5K!

I emailed My Home to laugh at them, and call them scum (basically I was being a noble troll!)
The way that little c... scampered away made me laugh...
What the fudge were the 15 C2s??? For a new board and some face plates... Utter tripe.

What shocked me was the presenter said "£2500 for work that should cost no more than "£1500"

Think we're all charging too little if they think a CU and few sockets are £1500

Yeah, I am just invoicing my sister in law for two board changes (both in same property (normal and E7 boards)) and water bond upgrade..... totaling 770 squid. Might ask her if she saw watchdog and bump it up if she did!!

British Gas seem pretty reasonable after watching that tonight!

Just got it on IPlayer will have a look, sounds dodgy on the face of it

Reply to Watchdog - My Home UK (MyHomeUK) Feedback and Reviews in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Recently read a thread on the forum that I thought I'd bring to the attention of others. Hopefully it'll help cut out scamming in the industry, if...
Replies
Views
T
I hope people on this forum don't think i am whining too much or jumping on my soap box unnecasserily but i wanted to post a letter i am writing...
Replies
Views
Teslaisgod
T
J
View From The Site - The Old Breed I received an email this week asking if I can post this article up on here. A view from the site. Written by...
Replies
Views
H
EDIT: whoops wrong area if someone could move this post to the feedback section I would be grateful. So here is my honest review of Met UK. As...
Replies
Views
hawkal
H

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock