Discuss Water Bonding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Cirrus

This has got a few of us sparks confused. If I am re-wiring a kitchen and I notice that water bond is present with clamp and in 10mm earth, but at high level on water pipe (ceiling level) instead of 600mm max from stop cock - I am not required to change this am I? As I understand it the water / gas bond need to be continuous? One spark suggested taking a new 10mm from the water bond clamp down to within 600mm of stop cock but surely there is no point in this? If no gas / water bond present then naturally I would place within 600mm of service entrance.

Cirrus

read the fine print my friend!!!!

16th says incoming services MUST be bonded, and this SHOULD be within 600mm of meter/entry to house, on consumers side, before any branches etc.

SHOULD is a big word!!

Did a PIR a while ago, water came in downstairs, main bond went upstairs onto water pipe and connected where it went into the airing cupboard.

I verified the connection bewtween the incoming copper water pipe and the MET, and just noted it one the PIR as a 4.

17th is much more forgiving, the old 130-07-01 has been ammended. Used to, 'before any alterations, additions, etc, etc must be verified that the exisitng earthing and bonding are aslo adequate'

They have now added 'where neccesary for the safety of the altered circuit' (or something like that)

leaves things much more open i think!!!!

Reply to Water Bonding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

evening everyone . Quick question here I’ve recently took over a job that a friend of mine first fixed it’s a 3 bed semi house rewire. I don’t...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm having a new boiler fitted in a new location. I need to provide power for the boiler which I'm looking to do myself. Boiler: Ideal Logic...
Replies
Views
Not sure on this one. Mains water is coming up from the ground in lead pipe in bathroom. 2 inches of copper pipe before the stop tap. All...
Replies
Views
I have taken delivery of an undersink water heater. It is fitted with an RCD on the electrical supply cable which terminates with a euro-plug. I...
Replies
Views
What are the regulations requirements on Earth bonding ? I am currently planning a 1st fix re wire I have the following setup Gas Meter...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock