Discuss Water damage solar panels in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Norker56

DIY
Reaction score
Thank you allowing me to join this forum. I have a strange question about solar panels and possible water damage. I have had to remove 4 of my panels to allow the council to do repairs on the neighbours roof. The electrician left the panels on their sides on the scaffolding and did not cover them at all and twice there has been rain water gathering in the bottom of the frame on the inside. Do any of you think it could have damaged any of the electrics or start corrosion. Thanks in advance.

I would think solar panels should be waterproof, when you consider they’ll spend all their time getting rained on.

if there’s water collecting inside it may be they were damaged when they were taken down. However, the damage may have been there already and just never been seen.
On the other hand, maybe the frame itself isn’t waterproof, and will drain out naturally. Not being a problem.

It might be that you need to find the manufacturer of the panels and send them a photo showing the water ingress. They will be able to tell you if it’s a problem or not, then you can decide whether to approach the electrician for damages.

What has happened they have been stacked on their sides with the connectors inside the frame where water has been gathering instead of running off.

Reply to Water damage solar panels in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock