Discuss Water Heater Problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone, and first sorry for my english.

I have a problem with electric water heater, when I turn it on, it caused an power failure (outage) on my house. what's the problem? and what should I do?

NB: I have 3 brand new water heater in my house, and all of them made this problem.

Thanks.

Hi everyone, and first sorry for my english.

I have a problem with electric water heater, when I turn it on, it caused an power failure (outage) on my house. what's the problem? and what should I do?

NB: I have 3 brand new water heater in my house, and all of them made this problem.

Thanks.
Do you mean you have 3 three Heaters and they all cause a loss of supply, or you have had 3 three different Heaters, and each time the power goes off you change the heater?

Might need a bit more information, such as the power of the water heaters, what type of circuit they are on, what kind of protective devices are installed in the CU...
as much info as possible really.

I have 3 Heaters and they all cause a loss of supply.
What size in Kilo Watts are the heaters, and what size in Amps are the fuses / circuit breakers that supply these heaters? Can you not contact a Local Electrician, who will know more about the local supply, rather than come to an English forum asking for help, it will be difficult for an English Electrician, as he/she will have limited knowledge of the Morrocan systems, we will still of course try and help you as best we can.

need to know the kW rating of the heaters and what fuses/MCBs areon the circuit/s.

Electric water heaters use a LOT of power.
Your house/system does not seem to have enough power capacity,
to run the water heater.
Apart from that we cannot be any more specific,
Because we do not know how much power your heater requires,
This is where you come in !
Tell us the ratings of the heater ?
The size and capacity of the circuit it is on ?
What else is on that circuit ?

Electric water heaters use a LOT of power.
Your house/system does not seem to have enough power capacity,
to run the water heater.
Apart from that we cannot be any more specific,
Because we do not know how much power your heater requires,
This is where you come in !
Tell us the ratings of the heater ?
The size and capacity of the circuit it is on ?
What else is on that circuit ?
The OP aint up yet is he, mind you 3 or 4 people asked the same questions as you Mate, done a runner methinks.

maybe he's fell down the stairs rushing to read the label in order to give a fast answer to the question. :p

Reply to Water Heater Problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net