Discuss Water heater in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

gary272

Hi

Been contacted by a church nearby. Wiring is pvc single stranded cables in steel conduit some 30/40years old with a few additions. It looks in reasonable order or as far as I can see. Protective devices are porcelain rewirable fuses.

They have asked me if I can wire a small water heater in the toilet. They realise that the distribution equipment wants replacing but there is to be an extension built within the next couple of years and would rather wait if at all possible. So, here goes; there is an existing socket on a ring at the rear that I could spur from through an rcd type fused spur, wiring would be surface/mini trunking. So we would end up with the water heater through an rcd, protected by a 1361 fuse. Is this acceptable please guys??

1st post so please go easy! and thanks.

well, if someone can point to a reg. that says an RCD needs fitting, then i'll buy TC a tuna sandwich. OH< Sod it! a whole tuna.

house of God. does that qualify as domestic or commercial? you answered your own question there lol
does God actually live in there? I believe he has holiday homes in florida and France as well
does God actually exist? Dont even go there ! :)
if so, how do you give Him the certificate? Stuffed inside a bible

The Friday nite madness hour has begun. ;-D

anyway, holy water contains it;s own protection. ask my polish aunt. her version of holy water is 100deg. proof polish vodka.

looks like TC's on bread and water tonight.

I may be mistaken but Is there a section in the BGB about buildings of architectural importance requiring a 300 ma RCD

Dont have my book with me but I am sure someone will correct me if not.

if the manu. inst. say fit RCD then you have to fit one. try asking the silly buggers why, though, and you won't get as sensible answer.

A lot of water heater installation instructions say they must be protected by RCD. Compromise - put in an RCD FCU :)

I think you should follow the manufacturers installation instructions, as far as RCDs are concerned.

If the heater is rated 2.0KW or over, then I don't think you are allowed to tap off the Ring circuit.

You will then need to run a new circuit for the heater.

probably the same power that insists on pyro. must be deferring their options in case of going to hell.

Reply to Water heater in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock