Discuss Water, water everywhere........ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Four jobs today,

First Job,

Washing machine, Error 01 - no water, turned on water - winner. Same place Tranny gone for under plinth lights - replaced - winner. Had to tear myself away as the leggings the young lass was wearing were downright immoral.

Then it all got a bit wet.

Second Job,

Well know car repair shop, no power at all. Opened door to DB cupboard and water was running over everything. Closed door and locked it, gave key to manager and told him to call a roofer and under no circumstances let any one in that room until its dry.

Third Job,

Dentist, each surgery on it own CU, water raining in all over in this one particular surgery. Disconnected the CU from the DB, and told them to call a roofer. Call me back when it's dry and Ill do a mini EICR on that CU.

Fourth Job,

Dentist, No downstairs lights, walked round the building - four outside lights, chased feed into basement, disconnected from FCU, lights back on. You've now got no outside lighting, call me back to resolve.

In all fairness we have had some biblical rain and in Jobs one and two the water has backed up and overflowed the lead gullies, or the gutters are full of crap.

Nowt like a bit of water to keep us busy,

Probably somewhere on the Essex France border.

They moan like buggery at a drop of rain or a breath of wind. :D

Sounds like a successful day...where in our fair land,are you?
Here in Manchester,blue skies and sunshine all day...:rolleyes:
Liverpool and North Wales, cover most of the NW.

My weirdest was working on a lighting job in Penrith only to get called to a job in Hull, 4hour call out is big money so had four hours finish, pack up and get to Hull.

Said they had no lights, got their to find a burnt out 1G1W light switch. Reactive maintenance can be mental at times.

Liverpool and North Wales, cover most of the NW.

My weirdest was working on a lighting job in Penrith only to get called to a job in Hull, 4hour call out is big money so had four hours finish, pack up and get to Hull.

Said they had no lights, got their to find a burnt out 1G1W light switch. Reactive maintenance can be mental at times.

Send me your light switch replacements in Hull so I can sort them for a small fee and you can book your 4 hours :grimacing:

Yep,you had the same rain i had;) and now Eriks on his way....

Me pal does North Wales,rang me from Abergele and said he was off to Aberdaron,because it was so dry...:rolleyes:

I still use it now - you hum it and I’ll come in on the chorus!
You hum it,and i'll play it;)

(That's the oldest joke i can remember hearing....it was me dad's response,to any question,starting "...do you know...")

Reply to Water, water everywhere........ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net