Discuss We need a bulk delete feature for subscribed threads in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MarkieSparkie

My subscribed threads is >1000 and I thought I would eliminate some of the detritus, but oh dear what a painful and time consuming experience it is deleting entries one by one. With at least a third of the total still to eliminate, without a quicker method this just isn't going to happen. Please, pretty please, can we have a multiple highlight and bulk delete feature or better still a multiple highlight and drag n drop to a waste bin. I can't be the only one who would like to get rid of all the introductory and chit chat threads that clog up an otherwise useful feature.

Software is from the USA, the very best in forum software. It's not even worth entertaining developing our own when a multibillion dollar firm has teams of developers working on improvements ongoing.

As for the bulk subscription delete feature, I'll look into this this week for you.

Ideally perhaps an automated feature where the subscription automatically erases after the thread hasn't been replied to for, say, 30 days or something?

Software is from the USA, the very best in forum software. It's not even worth entertaining developing our own when a multibillion dollar firm has teams of developers working on improvements ongoing.

As for the bulk subscription delete feature, I'll look into this this week for you.

Ideally perhaps an automated feature where the subscription automatically erases after the thread hasn't been replied to for, say, 30 days or something?

Sounds ideal!

On this page: http://www.electriciansforums.net/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

Do you see the check box next to the wording "notifications" at the top on the right?

Like what I have on the following forum / image

Screen Shot 2011-10-31 at 15.33.09.jpg

If you click that it selects all the subscriptions on that page, then scroll to the bottom and click 'delete subscriptions' in the drop-down menu.

Using both your link and navigating via profile... private messages..subscriptions, my subscriptions I have the link showing and when clicking the top box all subscriptions visible are selected.
I do not know if all the subscriptions are selected or just the visible page because when you change pages the selection is removed and I do not want to delete all subscriptions at the moment.
However individually ticking a series of subscriptions on one page and choosing delete subscription .. go from the drop down menu "subscriptions" at the end of the page does delete the selected subscriptions.

Looks good, well done.

Reply to We need a bulk delete feature for subscribed threads in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net