Discuss Web sites do they work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

markspark71

Hi guys im mark ive been popping in and out of here for sometime now but have never joined in the chat/banter
Anyway im thinking of building a website (or having one built) what are your views on them do they work for you ie getting enquires and leads for work

Brilliant mate , I've had 6 replies in 2 years , 1 wanted a telephone point , 1 wanted a cooker hood repairing , 1 wanted me to tell em how to install an extra socket , and the others i could'nt even be bothered with , Yea go for it

Not got one and going fine and dandy (touch wood)

Too much hassel for me having to go through the site set-up process.

If you're short on work, then go for it. Theres no doubt it makes you look abit more professional, but not many people are going too look at it to be honest - most will just ring your number from the van if they're interested.

(although saying that, ive never had a website - the lads with the websites will probably be able to help you out more and tell me what ive said is a load of crap lol)

The only problem I found was the amount of nuisance marketing calls I had within the first month! Apart from that then it's great, a mate of mine is a web designer and Im just about to start paying 100 odd a month and I get full optimisation, on a month by month basis no contract, ill give u the details if ur interested mate

Work is very short at the moment to the point ive only had 3 jobs since xmas and in total they where under £1500 i used to do contract works but the companies have now one under taking my work with them, my van isn't sign writen as the costomers i had didn't like us to advertise the fact we didn't work for them cards in, hence me thinking of a website

A Website is the modern equivilent of a shop window for your business CV so it goes hand in hand with your business card

Guaranteed if you speak Matt
http://www.design4trade.co.uk
say you know tommy dale he will give u a really good deal he's the nuts and surprisingly cheap to set everything up wont hurt to call mate, we all know its tough mate hopefully you pick up

We still pick up more trade through phone book advertising and local rags.
Setting up your own website is a doddle, and 'optimization' is easy too if you know what to do.

made my own using 1and1.

pretty good.

i mostly wanted my own email address.

only £5 a month

We still pick up more trade through phone book advertising and local rags.
Setting up your own website is a doddle, and 'optimization' is easy too if you know what to do.

I did buy my name and had a go at building a site but didn't have a clue what i was doing so gave it up as a bad job

its not all about having a site, you can have the best site in the world and if no one sees it, then you wont get work. then again you can have a below par site, but get SEO work done, and put your site out there abit and get it ranked up on google and your get loadsa work. its the 21st centry way of people finding you. take a look at mine, it didnt cost the earth but it works
NDH Electrical Solutions | Electrical Services Oxford

Work is very short at the moment to the point ive only had 3 jobs since xmas and in total they where under £1500 i used to do contract works but the companies have now one under taking my work with them, my van isn't sign writen as the costomers i had didn't like us to advertise the fact we didn't work for them cards in, hence me thinking of a website

get a website done by freelancer
set up google adwords account
set a per day budget

i get 3-4 calls a week from it

@NDH Electrical your site looks good its somethin similar to what im looking for a problem that i have atm is i dont take pictures of the jobs we have done, its something i must start doing i have never felt the need to do it in the past but some before and after pics can only help

I never had one I believe in canvassing an entire area in a day with cards & flyers, shops and businesses only, my first year I printed my own flyers two per A4 and cut them in half and cards from vistaprint, it worked just fine stay away from kebab shops etc or you will get phone calls at 9pm expecting you to be there in 5 mins to fix some manky fryer or something, I learned the hard way stick to businesses that trade during normal hours
Pict

Reply to Web sites do they work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock