Discuss website design in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Southern Spark

Has anybody built there own websites, if so which programs did you use, is it possible to build a decent business website with free software?? I am not after anything too flash, its more just a point of reference.

google gbbo(getting british business online),its free,you get a free domain name etc,no costs for first 12 months or so,i have gone down the 1&1 route,its a tenner a month but looks better,the free ones dont look great but if it does what you want then all good,good luck

Has anybody built there own websites, if so which programs did you use, is it possible to build a decent business website with free software?? I am not after anything too flash, its more just a point of reference.

I have bought the domain from godaddy.com and built the website myself using "Dreamweaver". Have a look at mine!

I've built one of my company websites using Joomla! I would highly recommend it. There's an opposing camp that prefers Wordpress which might be more suitable for a blog type site. Both are free software and both are very capable and have energetically maintained forums for beginners.

I brought a domain name and host package from pickaweb but its not up and running because its really difficult software to understand.
It wasnt free but was only £12

I've built one of my company websites using Joomla! I would highly recommend it. There's an opposing camp that prefers Wordpress which might be more suitable for a blog type site. Both are free software and both are very capable and have energetically maintained forums for beginners.

CMS Made Simple is quite good for small sites and you can get it from cmsmadesimple.org.

Microsoft actually do free domain, hosting, and very easy ( but basic) design, you get 100 email addresses - just sign in thru hotmail, or set it up direct to outlook.
you end up with a long web address if you want it for free or you can buy your domain very cheaply thru them too.

google small business web hosting Microsoft - or something similar, it's easy to set up.
I did it a few years ago but don't use it for business anymore.

it's set up as a small business thing, so perfect for small spark companies.

You can use a great site to build a good looking website. it's free for the first year and then about £5 there on after depending on how much content you require to host.

www. one.com

Free ones can look decent with alot of work put into them. You just need to know how to add your own software to them. I took 4 days makeing mine look how it is today. Alot of advertiseing companies have commented on it being the best free website they had seen and how did I do it.....had I had a professional design team add to it etc.....

You can use a great site to build a good looking website. it's free for the fist year and then about £5 there on after depending on how much content you require to host.

www. one.com

I tried one.com, found it really difficult to use, the web design templates were really bad too. had to pay a load of money to transfer away from them to Microsoft who were really easy to set up. I designed a good basic site in a few hours, upload photos, ect.... very easy templates.

just my experience, it's a bit of a minefield!

Wordpress is one of the the best and easiest web building platforms out there , so so easy to use and edit , add plug inns etc , take a look on google , there is loads of info on the software

Ste

Free ones can look decent with alot of work put into them. You just need to know how to add your own software to them. I took 4 days makeing mine look how it is today. Alot of advertiseing companies have commented on it being the best free website they had seen and how did I do it.....had I had a professional design team add to it etc.....

What's your website address?

Reply to website design in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net