Discuss Website upon set up in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

cj.

Hi all,

Im asking for peoples advice on their websites:

how do searches compare between having "electrical" within the company name or "electrician"?

Im currently deciding on the domain name and i get some people saying that its better to have for example AJelectrical services or something like that compared to AJelectrician services etc

Any help would be great ty!!

Im no expert on websites but I have noticed that in my area websites with the name of the town in them appear much nearer the top. For example:'Electrianstokeontrent' or 'stokeontrentelectrician' do much better than my own website. I presume that this is because the name more closely matches what is typed in the search box.

On that basis your better going with 'electrician' rather than 'electrical'. My own site appears high if you type in 'electrical services' but no one does that when looking for work.

Hope this helps

Oh by the way, remember your domain name does not have to be the same as your company name, that was the mistake I made.

CJ,

It doesn't really matter what you name your web site, getting on google listing and ranked high on the first page is all to do with SEO, these are key words you insert into your meta tag area in the back end of your site.

For example lets say your company and web site is called CJ electrical and lets say your from dover. Your key words could range from anything from CJ electrical to eletrical work dover, to electrician kent, house rewire dover. etc etc. Once ranked by google and people search for those keywords, your site no matter what its name will eventually turn up on page one on google for each keyword.

the shaded area at the top of most pages on google are paid adds and this is called PPC, this costs and is a whole different kettle of fish....

The most improtant thing is to know what people are searching on the web when they look for an electrician, once you nail that for your area you'll crack it.... All about imagination and one final tip. ask women what they would search for on google if they wanted certain work done... the list is as long as you want it to be, there are no limit to keywords you can use.

I would go for electrical to be honest, although "electrician" is a more highly searched keyword .

keyword in domain name is a known ranking factor ! but there are over 200 ranking factors and you could easily outrank another website even if you dont usre electrician in domain name quite easily.

Everybody is using keywords in domain name and it wont be long until google stop this from being a ranking factor, ive read a lot of forums on seo and this is the general opionion.

Stick to a branded name domain name instead this will be easier for customers to remember and less chance of them typing the wrong domain name and landing on one of your competitors !!!

I have used a keyword domain name when i first started but now wish I would of just used a brand name instead "M Jones Building" although Im on position one on page one on google for "builders birmingham" I still know I could be there instead of using a keyword stuffed domain name ! I think I will be changing soon !

Reply to Website upon set up in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock