Discuss Website in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

i use a hosting co. they give you a template and you can edit the website yourself. pm me if that's what you want and i'll let you have details.

You could try:-http://www.limemediadesign.com/index.html
Seriously !

I just looked at a electrical website on his portfolio LG Electrical and for that money you have to be kidding me, if that is your website and you paid the prices listed on his website then you need to get yourself a refund mate.

All aspects of electrical work
Domestic - Commercial - Industrial

Why is that a graphic and not a H2 tag, google will not see those words.

WHat is with the animated gif lightbulb which clearly does not marry up to the image to the right, you can get a video file of a glowing lightbulb for £15 off of a whole list of websites which you could use there that would look a lot better but I would advise a static image with a overlay with text.

Virtually no keywords on the home page and way too much graphics.

You need to get the site linked up to Facebook and Twitter as a minimum, I would also duggest Google +1 buttons.

Only my opinion but I have been doing this for over 10 years and there are lots of cowboy web designers out there and usually you wil find that their own website looks fine but their clients website are not all that, mine in fact is the opposite way round! my clients websites look great and mine is always in a state of being half finished.

Anyway just my opinion so don't shoot me but I would seriously stay away from Lime Design.

I have just bought webplus 5 and it is fine if you want to do it yourself I used to do my sites in MS Publisher and got a ood result but the search engines did not like it Cost me £45 for webplus 5 it comes with free templates and plus you can buy some . But if you cannot be bothered then pay somebody and if you cannot afford it well start learning. Mind you i also use a lot of the free sites like Weeble,Webstarts & Wix and put links to my own sites on them plus it is good free practise as they have plenty of templates.

Although I am still trying to evaluate their worth

I have just bought webplus 5 and it is fine if you want to do it yourself I used to do my sites in MS Publisher and got a ood result but the search engines did not like it Cost me £45 for webplus 5 it comes with free templates and plus you can buy some . But if you cannot be bothered then pay somebody and if you cannot afford it well start learning. Mind you i also use a lot of the free sites like Weeble,Webstarts & Wix and put links to my own sites on them plus it is good free practise as they have plenty of templates.

Although I am still trying to evaluate their worth
Template builders like the one you mentioned about are great to get a foothold and as you say if you work at it with inbound liks then you can make them work but of course they do have limitations.

I would stay away from the link farms they can harm your SEO, you have a great resource here, why not do some link exchanges with other members? that way they are in your category which is 100 times better than getting a link from a non electrician.

The guy who did mine is a private web builder and designer, he had it done in under 2 days and was very fairly pirced. I was very happy and hes been very useful since.

His name is Gary Greenwood. If you would like his number PM me and i will forward you over his details. Take a look at my website below on the link and if thats the kind of thing you could go for then hes your man at very reasonable prices. He also does lots of google optimisation and good maps etc.

Ben

I am pleased with both my Suffolk Solar Power site and my James Brown Properties sites.

There is a link below for the electrical site.

I paid what I believe to be an excellent price for mine.

I accept they could be much better but I feel I got good value and they have paid for themselves many times over!!!

They were done by a chap called Carl Lawrence at

Indigo Ross, Spectrum House Woodhall Business Park, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 1WH 01787 880260

Great guys, also do all my printing.

James

Reply to Website in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net