Discuss Weekend working in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone else is SE work on the weekends.

Have so many people who accept my quotes, then say you'll have to do it on a Saturday though. Do they just think its them who work Monday to Friday and actually have a weekend :bomb2:

charge the buggers extra for weekend working. at least 25% added for sat. and 50% for sun.

well anyone you employ would be on time and a half to double time on weekends probably, lets say a spark is on £13-50 ish flat rate thats £27.00 on a sunday, then you need to add your rate to it for NI, and all the other associated costs, not sure what your rate was originally obviously but you got to be adding 110% on a basic sparks rate at least to just tick over, I would tell the customer a revised figure or refuse to take the work on, unless of course you really need the work, if so just bite your lip but write everying down in a little black book and add it onto the next Job you do for that particular customer haha

i use the figures of 25% and 50% for weekend working as that should equate to normal overtime rates. the overheads are the same, you do'n't pay extra for fuel on a saturday/sunday. it's just the wages bit you need to inflate.

Yeah I mentioned adding the 110% to the basic rate which for arguments sake is £13-75 that would be another 15 is on top, if the spark then earns 27 for a sunday, add the 15 ish back on and your at 42 then an hour instead of the usual 28 say, the figures are just examples, we all have different rates depending on many factors, your right, I am just explaining what I posted, it seems a little jumbled I know.

It makes me laugh when you suggest to customers that you could arrive early in the morning, and keep a key for the duration of the job. Then they look at you like you are about to mug their Granny.

Yeah your right, were in a recession though and rates are low as well, on daywork rates 160 for a days work in the domestic section is pushing it for work as it is, so asking to work unsurpervised is to them like asking for an signed blank cheque

Of course, most of the time you do get a key, it's just the odd one's you don't. I , usually blast a rewire in over a weekend, two or three handed then finish off over the next couple of days. Don't mind working weekends at all as I'm single and cannot hammer the beer like I could when I was younger.

I work weekends at normal rate. I hate to turn any work down so i figure i will do as much as i can while i can until weekend working becomes more of an issue

Work weekends as it fits in with other thing I do so never had a problem and if I need a day off take it in the week when it fits in with work

I dropped my 6 month old 10.v bosch impact driver from a ladder the other saturday. Grrr. Broke the casing.

Cheers Archy!! Very useful. I did get a new one, for £47 delivered, but will definitely get a new housing for it.

I'd Charge a commercial customer more for out of hours working, but saturday's are generally the normal rate, unless it's an emergency call. 'Do you charge for call out?' No I'll drive for half an hour for free out of the love of the job!

Reply to Weekend working in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock