Discuss Weird Rcd Issue in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Could be sensitive but a 100 mA RCD would not offer discrimination over the 30 mA. The fault current may be higher than 100 mATo offer rcd discrinination a time delay rcd before the 30 mA one is a better option.

If as you stated it's a S type 100mA device, then i'm going with Tel's suggestion, in that the device is probably over sensitive.

Have you subjected the device to any testing as yet??

my Type s 100ma rcd
It seems the op does indeed already have a time delay rcd

I believe IQ has given what I consider the most likely cause of the question asked

if this happening there must be fault , so ---- a coin normally but s time should delay slightly so must be duff rcd.... as all above between them

The type s rcd is quite old to be fair, the 2 30ma rcd's are only approx 6 months old. Whats the easiest way of testing for over sensitive rcd's with out doing a ramp test? I dont have accesss to one as the work testers dont have that option

Is the tripping associated with particular events, operations or at specific times? Does the 100mA, S type, RCD supply any final circuits directly? How far is the nearest property from yours? How far is the supply transformer from you? Please measure Ra, PEFC, PSCC and S type RCD trip time(s) and post the results.

Reply to Weird Rcd Issue in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views
Keeping this brief.....................New dwelling.....TT system with 100mA S type rcd protected supply to local board with 30mA RCD. Freelance...
Replies
Views
Hi was recently at a property and was installing a Solar PV system. was doing my testing and i came across a weird result when doing the...
Replies
Views
I was wondering if someone might be able to help either confirm or change my understanding on the use of S-Type RCDs. I believe that they can be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Grateful for your expertise regarding my confusion on the below. Context: French rural domestic property Single phase supply, TT...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock