Discuss Weirdest, strangest, oddest things found........ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SPARK2B

Good evenin' all,.....i hope your all busy at the moment working and earning-earning and working, and for those of you that are not, i hope your having fun just the same.

i had a thought the other day about all the jobs i have had, and some of the odd things i have come across / had happen to me on these jobs, and i got to thinking, you guys, going to old buildings, warehouses, homes, factories, shops etc etc...must have some stories.......heres a few of mine

first job at a skip yard where rubbish from skips is sorted for recycling

money n a wallet (when they first changed the ÂŁ20 to the current ones)

a black bag full of,....erm,....ladies pleasure devices.....shall we say,....all shapes colours and sizes (assumed they were ladies, i was 14 at the time,.....but who knows)

a bag full (FULL) OF LIVE AMMUNITION......(IMAGINE IT IF IT HAD MADE IT TO THE CRUSHER)

---------------------------

WORKING AS REMOVAL MAN AGED 15-

money hidden in airing cupboard that the lady owner said must have been hidden by her hubby who had since passed (rolled up notes, a grand or so id guess)

shotgun placed in a wall void in garage (owners had no idea apparently)

another huh-hum, ladies item that fell out of bedding being packed by myself and another lad, she was so embarrassed she would not come back to the house the whole day

and (creepy one this).......in an attic, a load of baby- dolls heads hanging off a wall

a load of WW1 and WW2 medals in a jam jar in a cupboard (the lady cried, it was her dads and shed lost it months before

SHOP FITTING AS PROJECT LEADER IN NEWLY RENTED (OLD) WAREHOUSE

a mo-ped chopped up (?)

2 dead foxes

a full vending machine full of chocolate and crisps ......that got emptied like greased lightening by 5 shopfitters and a hammer

((and another creepy one)).......manequins (spelling)...about 40 of um,...all stood in rows,......creepy

soo just for laughs, what have you guys come across in your time on the job

...i can only imagine

Found a load of ladies shoes stuffed up a chimney breast I was bricking up. They just kept coming and coming, think I counted summat like forty pairs. Was a bit unexpected.

A dead dog in another chimney where the fireplace had been boarded over.

Large stashes of --- material (surprisingly common).

Biscuit tin full of pressed/dried goldfish.

In a builders merchant doing fire alarm service went up to rest room a blow up doll dressed up in stockings and suspenders surrounded by nuts magazine

This was nothing to do with work, this was at home. For some unknown reason the TV remote control disappeared. After a week of having to get off my a$s to change channels I was livid. I started dismantling the entire house room by room. In our kitchen there was a small set of drawers on wheels which we were given by the mother in law. I entirely removed each drawer and tipped them out on the kitchen counter. As I was about to put the drawers back I noticed a very small glittery purse which looked like a kids toy and was balanced on the bottom wooded skirt inside the carcase of the drawers. I groveled at floor level and retrieved it. Inside there were two full gold Krugerrands and a half sized Krugerrand.

I pocketed the winnings and promptly went online to check the value which was considerable. I mentioned it to wifey who also had no idea where they came from but she vaguely remembered her mom saying she'd lost some coins a while ago. It turns out these were the coins, she'd put them in a safe place and had never been able to find them again. Unfortunately I had to return them and to make matters worse it's 6 months on and I still haven't found the TV remote.

A dead wallaby at the quarry foot. We had bloody big rabbits in Derbyshire.

A gang had escaped many years earlier from the menagerie at Riber Castle. (Early 50’s I think.) They bred on the Derbyshire / Staffordshire moorlands for years. Finally killed off by a series of bad winters.
There are occasional reports of them still being seen but to be honest I think the reports were more wishful thinking. The first one I saw was on the quarry top, my reaction was I’d had too much to drink the night before.

Sorry to say it went in one of the kilns to get rid of the body. All sorts went in to the kilns, dead dogs and cats being the normal! I’ve put a parrot and a snake in (both dead).

At the iron foundry firearms and ammunition went in to the furnace. I would stop the process while the police loaded all the stuff in to the charging skip. This was done under armed guard.

Never got rid of a human body even though there have been plenty I’d have liked to.

scariest thing i found!
i worked for my father doing roofing jobs after i got out of the navy.
one lady had me clean out the sheds and aside from her deceased hubbies old skin mags there was the usual collected junk (old garden tools, parts, paint cans, etc.)
in the back of the shed i found a green canister that was taped shut.
anyway loaded it into the truck and went home was taking junk to the scrapyard the next morning.
curiosity compelled me to open the canister
what i found was a live high explosive mortar round (i recognized the markings)
this had been the shed for almost 40 years.

immediately called bomb squad and they transported and destroyed it in a local quarry
boy talk about some very nervous cops

Bet that was before mobile phones were invented though so it doesn't count.
Twas about 5 years ago mate, it didn't last very long iirc because he got a text from his girlfriend that was way too important to ignore. Something about not being able to find the rabbit, whether it was a real rabbit or not is still unknown.

Twas about 5 years ago mate, it didn't last very long iirc because he got a text from his girlfriend that was way too important to ignore. Something about not being able to find the rabbit, whether it was a real rabbit or not is still unknown.

Be grateful.... My apprentice pulled a tranny then dumped and ran.
That made for a interesting working day the following day LOL

Be grateful.... My apprentice pulled a tranny then dumped and ran.
That made for a interesting working day the following day LOL

Well he must of had a good grope first to find out, maybe even enjoyed it as other wise I am sure he wouldn't have told anyone about it would he.

Reply to Weirdest, strangest, oddest things found........ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net