Discuss Well I've paid the man in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Rauer

Well I paid up tonight with elecsa, time to wait for my assessment date! Any tips?

Apart from biscuits and a big tea/coffee

Read the information they give you that states the items, procedures, reference books, copies of regulations and qualifications that you must have and ensure that you have these ready to hand.
Make sure that the job (s) you are showing them are good and that you remember how you designed them.
Remember that you do not need to know the answers off the top of your head you can look them up so do not get flustered, just pick the appropriate book and read out the answer.

I've got a installation cert filled out with all the page numbers of osg/bgb in the appropriate places for easy reference, that way, when he asks you a question you're not sure on I can go straight there inside of faffing around in indexes.

Also he always manages to pick a job cert to inspect that I can't lay my hands on in my records. It's no hassle, if you can't find it you just contact the customer, copy the cert and email them a copy.

I've got my assessment tomorrow for the 7th year running and I still get the jitters like I'm taking a GCSE exam...

Elecsa like members to have "The Electricians Guide to the Building Regs"

When you receive your info pack through the post, go through the tick sheet of all the relevant documentation they require you to have and get it all ready for your assessment visit. They give you examples of setting up a complaints register, quotes for domestic work etc. it's a bit of a faff-on, but make up a few files of blank copies of the various forms. They like to see you have all the relevant paperwork in place.The tinterweb is a mine of information for H&S, risk assessment etc stuff. You can download approved document P free and this will keep them happy! Don't worry if you're asked something you don't know, as long as you can demonstrate to them where to find the answer.Good luck!

As long as you throw the right book at him!! Lol! It might be a building regs question. The BGB's no good on that one! The BGB is way too expensive to be throwing at anyone! Use the phone book! They're for nowt!!! Hahaha!

Elecsa will send you a copy of Part P with all the other bumph.
You will start with a nice chat, while he checks all your documentation. Then he will ask you several questions on electrical and building regs, such as max Zs on a circuit protected by a 32 amp type B MCB, size of holes in joists etc. He will then ask you to do some "real-life" testing/isolation etc.
Finally, you will get awarded your "A grade" and welcomed to the fold :)

Reply to Well I've paid the man in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock