Discuss Well some f!!ckwit decided to trash the front of my car....... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Squid

Front wheel drive Vectra must have over compensated when he lost the front to be able to throw out the rear end on a FWD car, me 4WD and on winter tyres..........

Now the joys of dealing with the insurance.........

Oh and he's private hire he'll be screwed at renewal time........

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 16.13.31.jpg

Front wheel drive Vectra must have over compensated when he lost the front to be able to throw out the rear end on a FWD car, me 4WD and on winter tyres..........

Now the joys of dealing with the insurance.........

Oh and he's private hire he'll be screwed at renewal time........

View attachment 41095
get it up to Liverpool. we'l have it fixed, resprayed, different number plates, and on ebay within 2 hours.

My mate was a cab driver........ insurance was £3600 until his accident then renewal it was £6000 he is now driving for Sainsbury as a delivery driver......

Its repairable but its just the time and the hassle for this time of year plus its a JDM import so parts only via Subaru, the headlight may be an issue though.

Not my fault and if there where more jobs in Hungary then he wouldn't be losing the rear end of a Vectra in Shepherds Bush, I think i need to harden up and just think about number 1.

No road markings, whos right of way was it?

He could argue your turned into his road and had right of way
Road makings covered in ice and snow, the speed he was going he would have over shot the junction any way but losing the back end means he was driving to fast for the road conditions and on summer tyres, also training for my RoSPA in a 4WD drive car on winter tyres and with dash cam footage and travelling slowly as I slowed for the car at the junction before turning left I also had right of way it is also not "his road".
I rest my case M'lud

You could be 100% at fault if he has a good insurance handler

Reason: he was already established on the "wrong side" of the road due to legitimately overtaking parked cars. If he had a give way line to stop at shortly ahead of him, then so did you (usually; pics would confirm) - the give way applies to both entering and exiting the junction. The problem is you crossed the give way and immediately came in to conflict with him (< 1 sec) before he even got to his give way line.

He did have right of way. However, he was going too fast for conditions - but probably still within speed limit.

You could have been more cautious before entering his road.

Might take a while for insurance to settle this one!

50/50 is my guess but good luck.

How did you work that one out, I slowed down to turn in to the road as I wasn't sure of what the first car was doing, I was turning in from a major road in to a minor road and proceeded with caution and minimum speed due to the first car crossing the junction I further slowed down as I had already seen the Vectra but he lost his rear end and hit the front of my car.

Do you accept that turning from a major road in to a minor doesn't give you any priority over traffic already proceeding along the minor road? I am not being funny, I'm just asking because a lot of people don't realise. The front of your car shouldn't really have been there to hit.

You weren't going overly fast, he was, but from the video, I wonder if you may have focused on what the first car was doing and not looked up the road before actually turning in to it. The Vectra and the parked cars were there to see? If you did look and saw him travelling fast, why make the turn? If you didn't look because you had an expectation that nobody would be going stupidly fast in such bad weather, understandable, but it makes you at least partly liable in my estimation.

I'm sorry but I don't see the Vectra losing his back end as a separate incident to your action. I think he brakes hard to try to avoid you, and due to the ice, this causes a skid.

From the RoSPA mindset (Yes I am a member :)) every accident is usually analysed with "What could I have done better", but when on the phone to the insurance, the opposite is true, I hope me putting an alternative view gives you practice defending yourself if/when needed. :)

That's a interesting post and very analytical

Reading the post,what looks to my ignorant mind a cut and dried collision,it may now take Paddy power to set the winners odds

As I turned in to the corner and saw the Vectra it had already lost control, in my opinion he was travelling too fast and braked as the car in front slowed down and lost the rear which I had accounted for and slowed down he hit me and then carried on across the junction.

I live in the area and have used that road since I past my test and you always use caution as with the parked cars along QPR's ground there is only enough room for one car at a time to drive down it so you usually have to wait where I parked up before proceeding.

I am also doing my RoSPA training, my main concern is that he will produce a dodgy witness but it seems I will have to choose my words carefully when filling out the forms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Well some f!!ckwit decided to trash the front of my car....... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net