Discuss Went to quote an Inspection today...... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Got called to quote an Inspection this morning and thought you all would like to see some work care of a local sparks....

This is a yacht club. customer informed me that 'all work done by a sparks who did a cert last year for insurance comp but we can't get hold of him for this year can you do us one'.

So took a few pics and just had to share with you.
I should add, i did not open or remove anything to take these shots. its open air :)

Went to quote an Inspection today...... {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Seeing stuff like that just makes me feel ill!!!

Wonder what 'cert' last years 'spark' issued.

Definitely wasn't any sort of electrical one, or if it was no remedial work whatsoever has been carried out since. Do you have the previous report to look at???

Seeing stuff like that just makes me feel ill!!!

Wonder what 'cert' last years 'spark' issued.

Definitely wasn't any sort of electrical one, or if it was no remedial work whatsoever has been carried out since. Do you have the previous report to look at???
They did say he was not answering his phone. Wonder why ?

I think "for my admin purposes" I'd ask for their insurers details and policy number then email them with these photo's as attachments.

Oh that toilet cubical is very special. This sort of rubbish is usually a sure sign the customer doesn't give a hoot and won't spend a cent more than the cheapest quote. I would do the PIR and don't expect to hear anything more.

Sorry Lenny missed your last comment.
Yes i asked for the last cert and was told it had gone missing. I was really wanting to know who it was but they did not spill the beans.
just said ins comp were asking for this years one. now this place has a bar and a PE licence so loads of parties and do's etc with commercial kitchen so its not only members of the club its public as well.

If you can get their agreement to you putting right any code 1s this could be a massive earner for you mate.

Perhaps he did PIR it with a load of code 1's & 2's that the client has ignored, and now, he does not want to get involved?...
From what i was told it was the same sparks who did the work so don't think he would know what a code 1 was.

Oh the best bit was last year the sparks did say i think you could do with a stronger earth.......PMSL at this.
I asked if he thought it might be an idea to at least put doors on the outside meter c/boards but he said they may have had doors once but can't remeber when.....!

Ah OK fair cop.
Do the PIR you've nothing to loose, but, do it with reg nos along side your codes & observations so that you can't be pulled up to say that it is not a relevant comment.
After all no reg number, no code.

It's probably just been lashed up over the years from those in the club "that know a bit ". I doubt it's ever had a certificate or report of any kind. This is probably the first time they have been asked for one.

If I were to do a report for them I would want paying first , because when they get it I doubt if they will pay.

Reply to Went to quote an Inspection today...... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock