Discuss Western Power Distribution in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Frosty69

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi people,

I am a fully qualified Industrial electrician with experience of sub stations but I want to have a change and have been looking at cable jointing training although I would love to work on overhead lines but I think that might be a bit unrealistic. Has anybody used Western Power as a training provider?
I live near Manchester so somewhere a bit closer would be ideal but I am finding it hard to find companies that provide these services.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
E

Engineer54

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Training courses are available Frosty, but i think your going to bulk a bit at the cost of them, if your thinking of paying yourself!!!

F

Frosty69

How much are they 54? Some companies offer courses at about 2k but then it says plus materials!

K

Knobhead

Type "cable jointing courses" in to Google. There's quite a few out there.

F

Frosty69

Thanks Tony, I was hoping someone would know a recognised company so when I go for a job i havnt got a piece of paper from an unknown company. I will try western power tomoz and see what prices they come out at, only problem being I would have to allow for accommodation also.

K

Knobhead

Unfortunately the people I did my HV jointing with no longer trade.
If you check through Google list the ones near you and post them here. I’m sure one of our members will have some inside information on them.

F

Frosty69

Thanks Tony, Would you advise on a certain course for example 11kv live or 11kv dead, 33kv etc? I was hoping the 11kv live would cover the dead bases also. I know its a course preference live or dead but what are your views?
Thanks mate

K

Knobhead

Doing 11KV live will result in you being dead. Live working is normally restricted to 1KV.

F

Frosty69

Definitely don't want that, will have a proper look tomorrow and see what way I want to go. Thanks again

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Western Power Distribution in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom