Discuss What about that then in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Back in the 1950s and 60s that would have been the muts nuts

It still looks great today. I appreciate a good conduit install and using many of the trendy techniques - but clipped direct is perfectly appropriate in many situations - and this is exactly how to do it properly. Looks better than much of the clipped direct I come across.

Screws should always be on the diagonal (at a forward slash orientation) , anything else is just badger rough...
and i called pirate a philistine.... sheesh.
[automerge]1578226356[/automerge]
once saw a job done by a driving instructor. all the socket screws were at 10 to 2.

The art of clipping direct to brick walls almost seems lost these days...
You very rarely see it. But when done correctly looks nice and neat imo.
Its all sticky mini trunking now and surface plastic boxes

Can't believe you guys haven't grasped the new terminology...it's a "rattler" and is used to tighten everything!
Philistine, eh? Moi?
Nicest thing anyone's ever said about me!

Can't believe you guys haven't grasped the new terminology...it's a "rattler" and is used to tighten everything!
Philistine, eh? Moi?
Nicest thing anyone's ever said about me!

I admit, nOt 5 mins ago I was assembling my 2yo's wooden toy garage with my rattler because the Bosch Ixo driver was dead and I cba finding a screwdriver...

Reply to What about that then in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I get wanting to do a good job but does being super neat inside a board really make it a better job? I don't see any advantage to it aside from...
Replies
Views
I was just googling for skeleton boards after reading the last thread and various pictures of consumer units popped up, some wired terribly and...
Replies
Views
Have run out of stock of RJ45's and looking to get a bulk pack online, it's been a while since I've had to buy any and I'm mostly seeing packs of...
Replies
Views
I am looking to register as an electrician with trust a trader. What are yours thoughts are they any good ? And what about checkatrade ?
Replies
Views
Thought it'd be interesting to see for those who are self employed. Work for themselves. As I'm doing level 2 . Nice to see how others already in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock