Discuss What additional training have you done? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

Nigel

So lately I have been finding the day job mundane. So to counter this I have been looking at ways to keep me interested.

We do a lot of emergency lighting works so put myself on an emergency lighting course for design and maintenance. Very good course.

This week I have done fire alarm design, installation and maintenance which was ok but not cery challenging. I actually found the emergency lighting course more rewarding and definetly harder.

So what courses have others done to keep interested?

Electric Vehicle courses run by the manufacturers rather than the city and guilds one. they are free, get a free lunch (usually) and can lead to some good jobs via the referrals they send you.
I have recently signed up for a short plastering course so i can get a half decent finish on chases and do it quicker than i can currently. saves get a plasterer in afterwards.
Did think about some smart home stuff, but the courses look a bit pricey!

When I was working at RAF Leuchars, and subsequently T5 at Heathrow, the company I worked for put me through airport runway lighting courses, along with all the additional safety training for driving airside. (I remember some of the terminology!)

Needless to say, I have forgotten most of it. That's what a decade of working on a holiday park does to you.

Massage and aromatherapy, hoping to lead on to more relaxing opportunities.

EM lighting and fire alarm design sound like good moves to be fair. Might be something to consider for me. Always fancied doing compex but not sure if I fancy working in the environments it would open up.

2396 design was my last course, a few years ago now. Quite an interesting course in all, definitely learnt a bit.

Electric Vehicle courses run by the manufacturers rather than the city and guilds one. they are free, get a free lunch (usually) and can lead to some good jobs via the referrals they send you.
I have recently signed up for a short plastering course so i can get a half decent finish on chases and do it quicker than i can currently. saves get a plasterer in afterwards.
Did think about some smart home stuff, but the courses look a bit pricey!

They are free? Do you just contact companies directly?

They are free? Do you just contact companies directly?
yes, evbox do free training and also have online courses with there new academy. its all free. most of the ev charger firms do free training as they want you to fit their charger instead of others. EVbox is good stuff though. as a approved installer you usually get discount off the list price so plenty of good mark up too! makes the olev installs quite competitive.
you can do the aico training sessions for fire/smoke/heat alarms etc...

I have recently done a training course for opening prison doors ,the governor says it would not be long before i get the knack before he hands me the keys on the weekend.
i have olso taken a coures for paint white lines down the motorways ,Lol :)

HV and LV Authorised Persons course:
Air Conditioning Commissioning course:
Refrigeration Maintenance course:
17th Edition course:
ISITEE Course:
BSC H and S diploma 2:
BSC Hand S for Line managers course?
Electrical Safety Management:
Safe Refrigerant Handling:
Lighting design:
UPs installation:
Urban survival and Warfare:
E to M Conversion:
Boiler House Maintenance:
Confined Spaces:
Well you did ask!!!!!!

HV and LV Authorised Persons course:
Air Conditioning Commissioning course:
Refrigeration Maintenance course:
17th Edition course:
ISITEE Course:
BSC H and S diploma 2:
BSC Hand S for Line managers course?
Electrical Safety Management:
Safe Refrigerant Handling:
Lighting design:
UPs installation:
Urban survival and Warfare:
E to M Conversion:
Boiler House Maintenance:
Confined Spaces:
Well you did ask!!!!!!

Urban survival and Warfare?

For when I was working in a War zone.
but would you ever want to work in London? at least there you can ID the enemy. they drive big red APCs ,30ft,. long, and 20,000 black cabs .

but would you ever want to work in London? at least there you can ID the enemy. they drive big red APCs ,30ft,. long, and 20,000 black cabs .
Not just London that has that problem Tel

C&G 2396 design.
Did a short introductory lightning protection course which was an eye opener.
Got EM lighting and fire alarm end of this month.
Live working.
G39 for working on lamp post supplies next week.

Reply to What additional training have you done? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock