Discuss what are some tools that were worth the price tag? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

For joist drilling, I was introduced to the Bosch self cut flat drill bits, used with an impact driver believe it or not. Incredibly quick and easy.

I have the 54 volt DeWalt SDS drill. It's very heavy and only comes out for the bigger jobs.

For joist drilling, I was introduced to the Bosch self cut flat drill bits, used with an impact driver believe it or not. Incredibly quick and easy.
An impact driver!!!. Never heard of that before. Will certainly give it a go. Especially as, the impact driver, due to its compact size, gets in to places the usual battery drill won't go. Where would you recommend for the Bosch drill bits?

An impact driver!!!. Never heard of that before. Will certainly give it a go. Especially as, the impact driver, due to its compact size, gets in to places the usual battery drill won't go. Where would you recommend for the Bosch drill bits?
https://www.screwflix..com/p/bosch-...C_SoC3N6Q9Rw-j4HOmxoCqwAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Milwaukee wire stripper.The new "7 in 1" (the reason I came on here tonite before I got distracted with that nice impact driver tip) .I have had 2 already and lost both (rarely lose tools). But it became my favorite stripper for ease of use. The new "7 in 1" has added features and for 35 euro, I, m well pleased

I went for the 1/2 inch impact driver

Figured it would be better for heavy duty work

Trouble is when u want to use 1/4 inch stuff you're using adapters and afaik they don't last that well

I went for the 1/2 inch impact driver

Figured it would be better for heavy duty work

Trouble is when u want to use 1/4 inch stuff you're using adapters and afaik they don't last that well

That impact is a beast. If electrical work slows down you'll be ready to start up tyre fitting.

That impact is a beast. If electrical work slows down you'll be ready to start up tyre fitting.

Ya ive only used it to remove a lawn mower blade

Nice to have it though

The adapters down to 1/4 inch seem to be a weak point

I would have hoped there would be a fixed type adapter that wasn't subject to wear and tear

Haven't used the adapter yet so maybe they'll last I dunno

Would be interested in trying it with the Bosch bits mentioned above

Funnily enough, I struggled to remove a mower blade last week and resented having to fire up the compressor for one simple task - 1/4" 18V impact wouldn't even look at it.

Not sure I'd want to use a 1/2" impact all the time, though as I find a 12V impact does 95% of what I need and weighs about the same as an average size potato.

Funnily enough, I struggled to remove a mower blade last week and resented having to fire up the compressor for one simple task - 1/4" 18V impact wouldn't even look at it.

Not sure I'd want to use a 1/2" impact all the time, though as I find a 12V impact does 95% of what I need and weighs about the same as an average size potato.

Ya had the 12v Bosch impact for a long time , nice drill

Had a bad introduction to removing lawnmower blades

My supposedly knowledgeable friend said u remove them by turning clockwise

Turned out its anti-clockwise on mine

Great comparison ?

From now on when referring to an object's weight, I will relate it to number of average potatoes.

Ya had the 12v Bosch impact for a long time , nice drill

Had a bad introduction to removing lawnmower blades

My supposedly knowledgeable friend said u remove them by turning clockwise

Turned out its anti-clockwise on mine

Blades are generally designed to self-tighten as they rotate. If in doubt, pull the plug lead and carefully peek underneath while giving it a slow pull - yeah, I know that isn't well worded ?

Great comparison ?

From now on when referring to an object's weight, I will relate it to number of average potatoes.

For small objects, it's easier to stick with one potato and roughly specify its size ?

Reply to what are some tools that were worth the price tag? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock