Discuss what are some tools that were worth the price tag? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

i bought the de walt set of impact spade bits. only used 1 as yet. was like cutting through butter.

I went for the 1/2 inch impact driver

Figured it would be better for heavy duty work

Trouble is when u want to use 1/4 inch stuff you're using adapters and afaik they don't last that well
I got the lowest torque 1/2" drive one (M18 ONEIWF12-502X rated 300Nm), and the 1/4" drive impact driver from Milwaukee. Ultimately I find it is the 1/4" one that gets the most use by far, even for running M10 nuts on things like temporary fencing (with a deep socket).

The highest torque option for the 1/2" drive was crazy, the M18 ONEFHIWF12-502X kit is rated at 1356 Nm! Really if you need that you ought to get the 3/4" version and give your sockets and accessories fairer use.

I got the lowest torque 1/2" drive one (M18 ONEIWF12-502X rated 300Nm), and the 1/4" drive impact driver from Milwaukee. Ultimately I find it is the 1/4" one that gets the most use by far, even for running M10 nuts on things like temporary fencing (with a deep socket).

The highest torque option for the 1/2" drive was crazy, the M18 ONEFHIWF12-502X kit is rated at 1356 Nm! Really if you need that you ought to get the 3/4" version and give your sockets and accessories fairer use.

My 300nM Bosch will not shift my wheel nuts

Out to the mechanic now to get them off and retightened

I was surprised but he wasn't

You'd think a basic requirement of a tyre fitting business would be torque settings instead of jamming them up with impact wrenches

My 300nM Bosch will not shift my wheel nuts

Out to the mechanic now to get them off and retightened

I was surprised but he wasn't

You'd think a basic requirement of a tyre fitting business would be torque settings instead of jamming them up with impact wrenches

Always surprises me how little care a lot of tyre places take over wheel nut torque and tyre pressures. You'd think they'd be the ones where you would get things done properly.

Wonder how many people have had to call the breakdown services when they've had a puncture and cant get the effin wheel nuts off?

Just back from mechanic

(Adds breaker bar to shopping list)
Also a torque wrench so after any work you can slacken and re-tighten correctly!

Also I would advise getting some Copaslip anti-seize paste for the wheel nuts/bolts, especially if you have alloys. Make sure you get some on both the thread and the conical shoulder it grips by.

Also worth noting is if you use extension bars, etc, with an impact wrench it greatly reduces the effective torque that is delivered. If fact you can get such accessories to control tightening for air-wrenches and the like.

Also worth noting is if you use extension bars, etc, with an impact wrench it greatly reduces the effective torque that is delivered. If fact you can get such accessories to control tightening for air-wrenches and the like.
Damn , maybe that's where I went wrong with the extension
Never thought of that

https://www.screwflix..com/p/bosch-...C_SoC3N6Q9Rw-j4HOmxoCqwAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
It faintly amuses me with my warped sense of humour that a drill bit can have the words "self cut" in the product name.
Reminds me of when a jobsworth middle manager in a factory made a song and dance that all the parts trays were labelled except one, which had galv roofing nails in it. Eventually he turned to me (nearest) and asked "What's their full name then?". I kept dead-pan and replied "2 inch self-tapping nails".
To our delight the label reading exactly that appeared the next morning.

It faintly amuses me with my warped sense of humour that a drill bit can have the words "self cut" in the product name.
Reminds me of when a jobsworth middle manager in a factory made a song and dance that all the parts trays were labelled except one, which had galv roofing nails in it. Eventually he turned to me (nearest) and asked "What's their full name then?". I kept dead-pan and replied "2 inch self-tapping nails".
To our delight the label reading exactly that appeared the next morning.

I was gonna try them with my 1/2 impact and an adapter

I can set the problem now with adapters and extensions losing torque, heck they don't even function properly

Think I'll hold out and add a 1/4 inch impact to my kit, makes more sense

Reply to what are some tools that were worth the price tag? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock