Discuss what are some tools that were worth the price tag? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

My local tyre place, a branch of a big national (hint) is run by two older chaps who are very amusing, helpful and thorough. One will fit the tyre to the wheels then put the wheels on and torque them up. While he then makes up the bill, the other one goes round and checks the wheel nuts again for the correct torque. Seems like a good system to me.

Definitely a drop in torque with the 1/2 inch extension bars on the impact wrench, never thought of that til it was pointed out

Still plenty of torque driving screws using the 1/2 inch to 1/4 inch adapter

Might stick with that so and try out those Bosch wood bits on it

Finally got round to testing my Bosch 300nm combi with a DeWalt adapter and a new Irwin speedbor bit

Drilling through hardwood was taking roughly the same as using the same but on my hilti TE5 but with zero effort needed using the impact

Same setup on the 18v combi just just jams up immediately

So great job for the joists alright but the DeWalt adapter needs a retaining pin and ring to stay on, don't see them online may have to make one up

I've hardly taken the impact out of the box since purchase as I'm used to using regular combis

However I'd never use anything else for a lot of screw fixings after trying it out

Way easier

Also worth noting is if you use extension bars, etc, with an impact wrench it greatly reduces the effective torque that is delivered. If fact you can get such accessories to control tightening for air-wrenches and the like.

I've put the extension bars up for sale , so much drop in torque I can't be bothered with them

The 1/2 to 1/4 inch adapter seems to work ok

I'm glad I got the impact now for woodscrews and the Bosch speedcut bits when I get them

My local tyre place, a branch of a big national (hint) is run by two older chaps who are very amusing, helpful and thorough. One will fit the tyre to the wheels then put the wheels on and torque them up. While he then makes up the bill, the other one goes round and checks the wheel nuts again for the correct torque. Seems like a good system to me.
won't the nuts rust up when the ship goes back into the ocean. wheels on a ship sounds like a bad idea to me.

Snapped the nut on my lawnmower today putting it back

I already knew the risk retightening with the impact driver.Lesson learned

So I see a poster elsewhere is claiming he's getting his Milwaukee tools at 1/2 the price you'd pay in Eire

He's ordering from 1 particular US store who don't include an invoice with the packaging

He's using a USA virtual address (one of these forwarding sites) and he's saying they're only applying a fraction of the true customs value and he's saving a fortune

I've put that one onto the memory bank

So I see a poster elsewhere is claiming he's getting his Milwaukee tools at 1/2 the price you'd pay in Eire

He's ordering from 1 particular US store who don't include an invoice with the packaging

He's using a USA virtual address (one of these forwarding sites) and he's saying they're only applying a fraction of the true customs value and he's saving a fortune

I've put that one onto the memory bank
I thought no one paid much tax in Eire anyway!

In an attempt to get this thread back on track, I recently bought some adapters...1/4" hex to 3/8th, 3/8 to 1/2 inch (the ones that are always missing from the socket set) and a few other odd bits n bobs that you really want but are never to hand...
Also, proper perforated band, all-round band, builders band, galvy band, whatever you call it...the stainless steel is excellent, but the ordinary stuff is good too...and proper snips to cut it are well worth the money. I bought the DeWalt ones and they are really good, but as for longevity, well that's something I can't comment on but at £15 they're cheap enough.

Also, proper perforated band, all-round band, builders band, galvy band, whatever you call it...the stainless steel is excellent, but the ordinary stuff is good too..
Seems like you like your music.......all these bands.
Even into steel bands....like reggae too? ?

Recently I got one of these to try and deal with the problems of (re)threading holes that are so close to something you can't get a full turn on a normal tap wrench so are faced with the tedium of removing and part-truning and replacing it several timers per turn:

However, not actually used it in anger yet.

Recently I got one of these to try and deal with the problems of (re)threading holes that are so close to something you can't get a full turn on a normal tap wrench so are faced with the tedium of removing and part-truning and replacing it several timers per turn:

However, not actually used it in anger yet.
It's not using it , it's knowing you can if you need it, ;)

It's not using it , it's knowing you can if you need it, ;)
Says every tool-tart!

Realistically I should have tried to get it some months back, but I can see a couple of jobs that might well need it, or perhaps the bigger bothers (they also do 4.8-8mm and 8-12mm jaw size, but not caliper'd my taps to see what that translates in to for actual thread sizes).

My problem is as I get older my drill bits, reamers and the like seem to put themselves away and don't tell where they have put them
Yes, I know the feeling as I have not got enough space to properly organise things :(

Still, most of the more commonly used stuff is accessible!

Reply to what are some tools that were worth the price tag? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock