Discuss What are the requirements for interfacing a new gas supply with a commercial buildings fire alarm system ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

spud1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Im working in a staffed residential home (for severe learning difficulties/disabilities residents) they have a new onsite tanked gas supply being installed to supply two domestic sized gas boilers in seperate locations, which will replace the existing big oil fired boiler. I need to clarify if the new supply needs a gas solenoid interfaced with the fire alarm and if so whether it needs to be a manually resettable solenoid if its only supplying boilers. Also I need to suss out if any other additional safety precautions (over and above that of a normal domestic setting) need to be implemented in the 'plant rooms' where these boilers are going e.g. Duomo gas safety system or the like. We look after the fire alarm and will also be installing the boiler control

This is the thing. They haven't had their FRAs updated to account for this new work. So I'm desperately trying to gen up for next week so I stand half a chance when I talk to the Gas engineer and client (who to my knowledge is not commercially experienced) both of whom seem happy to fly by the seat of their pants if it gets the job done! Not my style.
I have a local professional commercial HVAC company on standby to provide consultation but my contact there (and the man with the knowhow) isn't back from holiday until Tuesday and my site meeting is on Monday! Ah!

This is the thing. They haven't had their FRAs updated to account for this new work. So I'm desperately trying to gen up for next week so I stand half a chance when I talk to the Gas engineer and client (who to my knowledge is not commercially experienced) both of whom seem happy to fly by the seat of their pants if it gets the job done! Not my style.
I have a local professional commercial HVAC company on standby to provide consultation but my contact there (and the man with the knowhow) isn't back from holiday until Tuesday and my site meeting is on Monday! Ah!
Speak to your local fire station, while the RRO took the responsibility off local fire authorities to conduct fire risk assessments, they are and can be used to advise on them, there may be a charge for thier services

Speak to your local fire station, while the RRO took the responsibility off local fire authorities to conduct fire risk assessments, they are and can be used to advise on them, there may be a charge for thier services
I'm sure the local fire brigade would want to know of a change from oil to gas storage on site as it may effect how they deploy in the event of a fire

Reply to What are the requirements for interfacing a new gas supply with a commercial buildings fire alarm system ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock