Discuss What book would be an electrician's bible for designing an installation??? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mikex79

Hi I just wonder what is the best book which would be like the bible for an electrician whi wants to design electric installation,
I am loking for one that will gives you all information from the beginning of designing as well as will comply with 17th edition
the book do not need to have all the theory of the electricity in it but needs to explain how to make all the calculations and how to prepare a project from the beginning to the end.
any recomendations?
thanks

hi
im looking in to some software at the the moment to do the design side, castlines were recomended to me.
the cheapest option is to buy under licence £150 plu vat.for that you get a cd rom which stops working after 12 months if you dont renew.this contains 2 programs one for design/cable calcs up to 4 db system, and the other contains test sheets and board schedules to print off.its got to be quicker than flicking through books to find calc tables and answers, it probably take me 6 months to figure out how to use it though!!:D

Must say i have the same book as Lenny and its pretty informative.For sure it will take a while to be conversant with,but its somthing to study in the meantime .Also in my opinion, in the long run you will be able to do all the calcs yourself as opposed to software doing it for you.That said i have never used software so cannot offer balanced view

Hey Mike.

I recently bought the "Electrical Installation Design Guide" published by the IEE, really good book, does exactly what it says on the tin.

Electrical Installation Design Guide: Calculations…Amazon.co.uk: Paul Cook: Books

Cheers.

hi there

i had this when i did my design course found of some but little value for the examination but it did come into its own for the project to be fair. A lot of the info is ok but found i still had to trawl manufacturers website for the more obscure things like moulded case circuit breakers disconnection times etc.

Still useful to have at hand i am starting to save for all the guidance notes etc.

just had a copy of wiring matters they have bought out a guide to emergency lighting for electricians about time :rolleyes:

cheers

Reply to What book would be an electrician's bible for designing an installation??? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock