Discuss What books / material can I take in to 2391 practical assessment in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

From memory, BS7671, OSG, and GN3.

Good luck with it. 👍

So you had to remember every max Zs for every type and rating of every protective device?

I never remember having to do that, we were always allowed to look those values up (the current values being in BS7671 OSG & GN3)
I think (memory is a bit hazy, was a long time ago!)....... when I sat 2391-10 if the question needed knowledge of a specific value then it was quoted in the question, as in something like "A radial circuit of yy cross section and zz length, is connected to an MCB with a maximum Zs of xx is it likely to meet disconnection times?"

I think (memory is a bit hazy, was a long time ago!)....... when I sat 2391-10 if the question needed knowledge of a specific value then it was quoted in the question, as in something like "A radial circuit of yy cross section and zz length, is connected to an MCB with a maximum Zs of xx is it likely to meet disconnection times?"

That’s a fair one mate. But he was asking about taking them into the practical as you need to reference them when filling out schedule of test results.

Also times move on, they give you less information on the question and expect you to be able to find the answers in the book.

At the end of the day, we can’t be expected to know everything, but we should be expected to know where to find the information we need.

That’s a fair one mate. But he was asking about taking them into the practical as you need to reference them when filling out schedule of test results.

Also times move on, they give you less information on the question and expect you to be able to find the answers in the book.

At the end of the day, we can’t be expected to know everything, but we should be expected to know where to find the information we need.
Again.... I don't recall having books in the practical, either, and there was certainly no referring to notes for filling out the sheets. And - without trying to sound big-headed - yes we were pretty much expected to know everything! It was a very different exam back then and notoriously hard to pass as there was no fixed pass rate, the examiner who wrote the papers for C&G personally assessed the (2.5hrs of) written answers and decided on a reasonable average for those questions.

Reply to What books / material can I take in to 2391 practical assessment in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net