Discuss what brand of pv panel to install? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

scotth

what panel would be best foe my 6.5m x4m garage roof? it is sw facing 40 deg pitch. have been quoted Ying li, sanyo hit 250 and schott pannels hope to get 12 panels on. Which ones would give best return? what kind of price should i be looking at?

thanks

You need to run it through PVSol and compare output to investment cost. If you have limited space Sanyo or a high output mono may be your best bet. Remember panels are only one part of the complete install cost. Even doubling their price will not double the price of the install.

Hi Scott,

Sorry about the delay with this.

The figures I'm getting for your systems are:

The Yingli option: 2,313kWh (I'd say that the inverter is pretty oversized though)
The Sanyo option: 2,630kWh
The Schott option: 2,173kWh

Reply to what brand of pv panel to install? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Had someone round the house the other day looking at installing solar panels and battery to my roof. Best solution seemed to be 6 panels with a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I got a solar panel installation nearly a year ago. (Nov 2015) 12 panels (Sunmodule Plus SW250) on the roof and 4 on the garage roof (same...
Replies
Views
M
Hi All. I am new to this forum. I am a sparky whom has been largely out of the trade for 20 years, with the exception of the odd little job for...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I'm seeking some advice about a solar PV system we had installed in November 2014 please. After 18 months, we seem to be consistently...
Replies
Views
crossplot
C
I'm not an electrician, just a householder (though do work in an area given a kick in the family jewels by government decision last year). I am...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock