Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss What cable size and breaker would I need for two extractor fans in a public toilet? 1.5mm 3 core and a 20amp rcbo? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Soi disant

Esteemed
Reaction score
What size cable for 2 extractor fans in a public toilet?
One with a current carrying capacity greater than or equal to the rating of the breaker, with low enough impedance to ensure disconnection times are met and voltage drop is not too high, and greater than or equal to the load, which in turn should be less than or equal to the rating of the breaker.

Of a type suitable for the conditions where installed.

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
One with a current carrying capacity greater than or equal to the rating of the breaker, with low enough impedance to ensure disconnection times are met and voltage drop is not too high, and greater than or equal to the load, which in turn should be less than or equal to the rating of the breaker.

Of a type suitable for the conditions where installed.
Technically correct but somewhat unhelpful

Reaction score
What size cable for 2 extractor fans in a public toilet?
Be careful mate. This is a public environment where literally anyone can come into contact with this work, and your neck is on the line as the bloke that installed it.
In the nicest way possible, if you need to ask this you shouldn't put yourself in the firing line.

Reaction score
Be careful mate. This is a public environment where literally anyone can come into contact with this work, and your neck is on the line as the bloke that installed it.
In the nicest way possible, if you need to ask this you shouldn't put yourself in the firing line.
Thanks mate, I was just asking as someone’s done it and debating if they had installed the correct cable?

Reaction score
Thanks mate, I was just asking as someone’s done it and debating if they had installed the correct cable?
That wasn't very clear from the question!
So you are saying it's currently 20 amp RCBO with 1.5mm 3 core.
Are there any fused isolators for the fans or are they connected directly?

Mike Johnson

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Total circuit load in amps?
Most domestic fan manufacturers require a 3amp inline fuse for their extractors and its normal to have a three pole isolation switch, one assumes this is in a work environment, therefore industrial/commercial?

Reply to What cable size and breaker would I need for two extractor fans in a public toilet? 1.5mm 3 core and a 20amp rcbo? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net