Discuss What code would you give for the following in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

If I were doing EICR on such sites and there is no labelling/schedules I would quote for a survey to identify all circuits and place schedules/labelling before doing the EICR. However you suggest you have access to previous EICR so you could get them to print them out (schedules) and place accordingly. Are the DBs' labelled in terms of identifying the DB themselves throughout the building?

I think it depends on the circumstances. I have come across large installations where there is no labelling where frankly I haven't a clue what is connected to what or where, and what devices things are protected by. I think there is an argument that there is a safety issue - and indeed an issue of maintainability. So I'm not sure that I would agree that a C3 is always appropriate for this.

There is very little labelling hardly anything is marked up even previous eicr states on sheets unidentified ciircut but they've given it as a satisfactory in most boards there's still unidentified circuits so can't understand how it can be given a satisfactory report

they've given it as a satisfactory in most boards there's still unidentified circuits so can't understand how it can be given a satisfactory report
You're absolutely right - it can't possibly be satisfactory when you have no idea where it is going or whether it is safe!

If you can't identify a circuit then you can't test it properly.
The best course of action would be to get the client to agree to you tracing out the circuits and labelling them then testing them, otherwise you're going to end up with a lot of limitations and further investigation.

Or rather the client will, on an EICR which won't tell them a lot other than their installation needs work doing to it.

It is a C3 all day long for no circuit charts.

If emergency switching or isolation is required then that would not fall under the Reg for curcuit charts.

C3 for labelling.

I've seen someone give a C1 for labelling once, I laugh at him, loudly, for a long time, then called him a w~~~~~....

I got a bad mark off an NICEIC inspector for no schedule in a bleedin' domestic......even though the CU was all labelled up.
I was half expecting a couple of hours detention or a clip round the earhole.

Not C2 ...... FI which can also give unsatisfactory

Previous reports state C3 ... yet nothing has changed ....
I like that one Murdoch.
I agree it doesn't justify a C2 but I'd really want to sort this issue in a larger installation.
Your F1 does just that.
Occasionally someone will come up with a good idea on this forum.

I'm doing a industrial warehouse next week and that issue is also a concern for me. I think I'll use it.

Cheers

Are place got a c1 for no schedule , c1 for using SY c1 for missing RCD testing sticker c1 for no bonding to water mains (when Ch is bonded and incoming is plastic ) he was from the insurance and tried to c1 everything . Don't think he could count past 1

Are place got a c1 for no schedule , c1 for using SY c1 for missing RCD testing sticker c1 for no bonding to water mains (when Ch is bonded and incoming is plastic ) he was from the insurance and tried to c1 everything . Don't think he could count past 1

I'd have asked to see his qualifications to do the job!

mickfred is in Liverpool.the guy who gave all them C1's needs to get income from remedials, as his previous job has become rdundantdue to the ever increasing use of security locking wheel nuts. :oops::oops::oops:,

Code 3 for no Circuit chart and then FI for untraced circuits . Any FI on a report mean its unsatisfactory .
How can it be potentially dangerous not to have a circuit chart ?

Reply to What code would you give for the following in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net