Discuss what course u need to bequalified electrician ? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

abs

hi guys
can anyone explaine how dose electrician course work to be fuuly qualified electrician?
i'm doing at the moemnt C&G2330 and what more i need ??
it seem like there is a lot course to do like 5 years and still depance on what course u done:confused:??..can plz listem up for me if is possiple maties.
appreciate that .
have a nice weekend pips.
abs

Hi ya abs

just emailed you on your other question,

you will need to complete the 236 courses, 2381 and the 2391 courses, these are all City&Guilds courses so contact your local college and they should give you the relevant info. speak to your instructor, he/she should help you in understanding what you need.
remember though it takes a long time to get the quals as a sparky, so be patient, they do not come over night and you will have to put the graft in to get where you want. contact locals electricians in your area to see about working for them as a apprentice, one may give you the chance you are looking for and this will help you now end in your courses, to get hands on is the key to a good sparky.

daz cave

236 is no more. Replaced by 2360 and now by 2330, this is really the "underpinning knowledge" part of the 2356 (NVQ) which as a "new entrant" apprentice you will also need a "PPA" practical performance assessment which is still the AM2 (acheivement measurement test) and more importantly work placement or a full time job in contracting. No need to do 2381 this is an upgrade course for people trained to the 15th regs or before and besides the new 2382 (17th regs upgrade is around the corner). 2391 is the test and inspect course now in two parts 2391-2 replaces the old 2400 design and verification course, the 2391-1 is good to get if you are going to be responsible for testing but not essential if you are going to work for someone else. my advice if you do decide to do the 2391, don't leave it ages after finishing college, do it while you are in a "studying mode"

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to what course u need to bequalified electrician ? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net